Capitulo Tres

"So do you have any plans for tonight?" Kendra asked as we made our way back home. 

The sun was replaced by a full moon and the scent of salt water and pizza made the air smell fantastic. Kendra gracefully skipped next to me while her eyes wandered around like a curious puppy.

"Nothing, really. I'll probably stay in and catch up on a few shows. You?"

She suddenly stopped and wrapped her hand around my bicep, "Not heading to the beach?"

I shook my head while my cheeks flared thanks to its awareness of Kendra's hand, "Not tonight. I feel physically drained."

Kendra pouted, "Listening to me is draining?"

I almost said, "No, trying to control and cover up my hard-on is draining" but I resorted to a simple, "School is draining. Plus, I got to surf this morning."

"Yeah it really is. It's like they're conspiring against us. The more work they give us, the sooner they can kill us." She laughed and I joined her. It probably is true.

"But how about you come to a party with me tomorrow? I promise it'll be fun."

I stared at her, almost as if she was crazy, "What?"

"Yeah, Justin is having a party at his house tomorrow night. I want you to come."

I instantly gave her a dull, "No." 

There was no way in hell that I was going to a party with a bunch of strangers. Believe me, I love to have a good time as much as the next guy but those guys were Kendra's friends, not mine. They were the kind of people who didn't like to hang out with people like me because I was seen as an outcast and a nobody. All of Kendra's friends thought they were better than everyone, especially her boyfriend, he hated my guts. But hey, the feeling was mutual. 

"Why are you shaking your head?" She frowned, releasing her hold on my arm. I instantly felt empty.

"It's just... I don't want to be in a place where I don't belong. Plus, why didn't you bring it up earlier?"

"Because I forgot. I had too many things rumbling in my head and now that it's all gone, I'm thinking about having a little fun. And," She whispered, putting a hand on my shoulder, "Nobody is going to bother you. I think you're just overthinking the situation. If you come, I promise you won't regret it. If you don't like it, I'll do anything you want for a week."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise, "Anything?"

She playfully hit my shoulder and chuckled, "I am NOT doing your laundry again so you can wipe that little smirk off your face."

I laughed as I reminisced of the last time she lost a bet. She had to do my laundry for a whole month and she wasn't exactly happy about it. I mean who would be?