Chapter 4

-next morning-

"Hey." Shadow greeted as Silver walked into the kitchen.

"Hi." Silver responded.

"You sound like you had a restful sleep." Shadow said. "Look like it too."

"It was different this time." Silver shrugged, taking out a frying pan and turning on the stove.

Shadow looked at him for a minute about to say something but paused realizing he really didn't have anything to say.

Silver made pancakes and gave some to Shadow who quietly ate not really having anything to talk about.

Once he turned off the stove Silver sat down on one of the stools and ate his pancakes as well.

"Well it stopped raining last night." Silver said.

"Yeah, now that hedgehog can finally be on his way." Shadow added.

Silver nodded but he still had one question going through his mind. "Do you think they will accept him?" Silver asked. "Or will they try to, well.. you know."

"I don't know it all depends if he hides his powers or not." Shadow shrugged.

"I probably won't stay anywhere around here.."

Both looked to see Sonic walking over to them.

"Why?" Silver asked, curiously.

"I-I'm being hunted.." Sonic admitted, crossing his arms. "It's only a matter of time till I am found out here.."

"Hunted, who is hunting you?" Silver questioned.

"I can not say.." Sonic sighed, looking away. "All I know is I'm not safe anywhere so I have to keep moving."

"That might not be the best idea." Shadow said.

Sonic looked at him with a confused expression. "What do you mean?"

"Well keep moving isn't a bad idea but depending on what is hunting you it is best to lie low." Shadow explained. "If you keep moving then you can stay ahead of them but if you keep yourself hidden then maybe they won't find you."

"Well.. I would hide but I have nowhere to do that." Sonic said, with a small shake of his head. "it is best if I leave."

"Unless you would like some.. help?" Silver suggested, looking at Sonic who seemed generally shocked and confused.

"Help?" Sonic wondered.

"If you stayed here then maybe we could help you." Silver replied.

"I-I don't know, I don't want to put anyone in danger.." Sonic mumbled, staring at the floor.

"Danger? We have been through plenty of that." Silver waved off.

"Besides, no one would dare bother us unless they want to leave here barely alive." Shadow added.

Sonic's eyes widened and he backed away.

"What Shadow means is anyone who dares attack us." Silver corrected. "No matter what people say we wouldn't attack or kill for no reason."

Sonic relaxed slightly at that and nodded in understanding. "Well I would like the help but you guys seem to already have enough trouble."

"It's nothing we can't handle." Silver said.

"Why are you so eager to help me anyway?" Sonic asked suddenly. "I thought I was just an annoyance.."

"Well.. to tell you the truth you remind us of what we were when we were just starting out on our own," Silver admitted. "But no one ever offered us help; they just tried to capture us and use us for experiments or just kill us because we are so called; dangerous."