005.

IT WAS 6PM ON A FRIDAY, and somehow, Jobe had convinced me to let him pick me up and take me on a surprise... hangout?

"So where are you taking me?" I grinned, turning to Jobe.

"It's a surprise, innit," he replied.

"You've been spending too much time with Jude!" I said, rolling my eyes.

After a moment of silence, Jobe spoke up. "How's Carter?" he asked, trying to hide his smirk.

"Jobe, you are on thin ice. Don't test me," I said, pointing my finger at him. He raised his hands in mock fear.

"Sorry..." he mumbled under his breath, embarrassed.

"It's going terribly," I said, breaking the silence.

"What?" he turned to look at me.

"We got into a fight at the party, and he hasn't even tried to message me," I said, picking at my cuticles.

"I'm really sorry, Jay. I shouldn't have even brought it up."

"Okay, enough with the sad talk. Where are you taking me?!" I asked, trying to avoid the topic.

"Wouldn't you like to know," he teased.

"Yeah, I would actually. I feel like I've been kidnapped."

"You say that every time we hang out," he groaned, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Well, you always insist on never telling me where we are going!" I complained.

"Stop complaining," he laughed, turning to look at me.

"Eyes on the road, Bellingham," I smirked, shooing his head away from me.

"Stop!" I squealed as I made eye contact with what was coming up ahead. He laughed, grabbing my knee and giving it a squeeze. I froze at the sudden contact, now grateful that it was dark and he couldn't see my red face.

"What movie is it?" I asked as the car came to a stop.

"Please, I beg you, don't scream," he paused for a second, already knowing I couldn't contain myself. "Inside Out 2."

As I said before, I couldn't contain my squeal. My arms reached for Jobe's neck as I dramatically shook him.

"Come on, let's go set up the boot," he said. I didn't think it was humanly possible for my eyes to get any wider.

"Okay, chill out with the crazy eyes," he laughed.

"Thank you, Jobe," I said as we finally sat in the now complete boot of the car. "Really, I needed this."

"I should be thanking you for even letting me take you out after what I did," he laughed, scratching the back of his head.

"Yeah, well, I think you've kinda redeemed yourself," I shrugged, leaning back into the pillow.

"Wha—" He started before my finger came to his lips to shush him. "The movie's starting. Shut up."

"Are you crying?" he snickered, leaning over to look at me.

"Shut up!" I said, pushing his face away. "It's so sad, it's so me, bro."

"Ew, don't call me bro," he said, pushing my shoulder, trying to make me laugh.

As the movie continued, I felt Jobe's arm subtly slide around my shoulders, offering comfort. I didn't mind. Honestly it felt nice to have someone there, someone who actually seemed care. We both fell silent, lost in the movie.