15. the glimpse

Author POV
Another day completed with out her, Devdutt was in his room, laying on his bed and looking at nowhere. Suddenly his phone pinged with notification in empty, silent room.

He took his phone and saw notification from Instagram saying

'mayankyadav_8 sent a post by prarthana.lokesh'

He quickly tapped on it seeing Prarthana's id.

There he saw her recent post which is posted few hours ago.

Instagram:
prarthana.lokesh

Liked by mayankyadav_8 and 358 othersprarthana

prarthana.lokesh Is back as New York finally let me go 🥺
Comments on this post is off.

Devdutt sat straight as his eyes got moist. She posted something after two years three months later.

Devdutt POV
So she wasn't in India, but she never told me about her continuing her studies in abroad. She was even getting admission in Indian institute of management.

She just posted her back side pic. she looks fragile, her hair now more long than before. Only if I could see her face.

If she is in India than maybe now her number must be on.

I quickly dialled her number. And yeah it's now on as it's started to ring.

"Thank God... Thank God. Please Prarthana pick the call" I mumbled as I was literally jumping on bed. But only to hear a robotic voice saying the dialled number is busy.

If she here than she would be in Rahul bhaiya's home.

I quickly took shower and dressed in pair of jogger's and polo shirt.

Shutting the door of my apartment I ran to Rahul bhaiya's apartment. Ringing the bell I tried to wait patiently. So much is running in my mind. Most importantly the longing which is going to end.

A new hope was blooming again, it literally seemed like my last chance. I am now so determined to get her back.

Author POV
Door got opened by Athiya.

"Dev! come inside" she said as she wasn't expecting him. "Hey bhabhi! is Rahul bhaiya home" Devdutt asked as he walked inside the house.

"He is in living room" she said from behind. Devdutt walked to living room and saw Rahul was talking with someone on call. As he saw Devdutt there he hanged up the call and turned to Devdutt.

"Dev tum yahan, aao baito. Something important" he said and Devdutt nodded before sitting opposite to Rahul.

"Bhaiya where is Prarthana?" Devdutt asked while fidgeting with his thoughts. Rahul who was expecting this question sooner or later just kept mum as he looked keenly at Devdutt who face was evidence of his sleepless night, there is hint of restlessness and happiness is packing through her s eyes.

"Dev you know it she is not here" Rahul said as there was a hint of calmness still there with concern.

"But..but her post" Devdutt asked hinting to her recent post on Instagram.

"She come back from new York one month ago, she is in Bangalore" this time Athiya said coming there with tray of juice for them.

Devdutt went silent, looking down at his lap.

His mind was mess, he doesn't know what to do. Looking at Rahul he just couldn't gather the courage to confess his feelings for her. But he couldn't hide it anymore too.

"I.I love her bhaiya. I really love her so much" he said with closed eyes, he was ready to hear the earfull from him but he heard nothing, he couldn't hide it anymore from Rahul.

Rahul who already knew it all looked at him to continue.

"I know she's gone, but I can't keep it inside anymore. I love her bhaiya I love her with all my heart. She means everything to me, and I can't imagine my life without her. Please, tell her bhaiya that I love her, wherever she is, I'll never stop loving her."

Rahul's expression softens, understanding the depth of the feelings of Devdutt.

"Isse baar nhi Dev, isse baar koi aur tum logon ke bich nhi aayega ya kuch bolega -"

"Bhaiya, please -" Devdutt middled but Rahul again cut him in middle.

"Suno toh sahi, She would've wanted to hear those words from you. So it should be you who will confess it" Rahul said, Athiya patted Devdutt's shoulder.

Devdutt nodded with tears glistening eyes, "but I don't know-" "she is in Bengaluru, and we are leaving for bengluru this evening" Rahul said.

"She is getting engaged in after two days" here Athiya blasted the bomb.

"What!?"

•••••••••••••••••••
Here's the new chapter, next update on evening.
Do vote and comment for next update before 4 pm.