Chapter 3 - Game On

Dean was pissed to the core. "That son of a bitch," he hissed when he punched the mirror, watching how it shattered into millions of pieces. Crowley had ratted him out to Sam, just because he didn't want to play after his rules anymore.

His glare at where the mirror once had hung suddenly changed, it turned slightly soft as the memory of Sam flooded his mind. Memories from their childhood, from them sitting in the car whenever John was running an errand and they couldn't tag along. Memories from when he took care of his little brother that had fallen asleep on the dirty couch in the cheesy motel.

Dean's chest tightened and a feeling gripped his heart which had him gasp for breath, his fingers grasping onto the fabric of his navy blue t-shirt. Though it was only for a mere second until the darkness washed over him, drowning whatever sentimental memory.

~~~

Sam was determined on getting his brother back home. His fingers clutched the steering wheel tightly and his jaw clenched.

"Sam," Castiel quietly spoke.

"Mhm?"

"I need you to drop me off."

Sam blinked taken aback and looked to Castiel. "You're kidding, right?"

Shaking his head slowly, he watched Sam intently, "No."

Sam couldn't believe his ears. "Are you for real? Finally we have a chance at getting Dean back and you bail on me?!"

"I'm not bailing, Sam. I need to see if this theory that I have come across can help us," Castiel defended himself.

"Fine, just..." Sam pulled at the steering wheel and the car drove to the side of the road, "..leave. I'll get him back myself then."

"Sam," Castiel tilted his head and looked at him with pleading eyes.

"No, Cas, it's...fine, just go. I don't have time for this. Dean is hopefully still at that motel, so just go," Sam stated, feeling betrayed but also even more determined now.

Throwing the enchanted handcuff over to Sam, the Angel unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car.

He watched as Sam drove off in quite a hurry. He didn't blame him though, time was of the essence. Exactly why Castiel needed to see if this could help bringing back Dean. If not, then he doubted anything could.

~~~

Lisa had just filled the tub with warm water and was getting undressed, enjoying the silence in the house. Ben was on a school trip to Washington D.C. and wouldn't be for a whole week. That kid surely got to see places with this school.

Stepping over to the tub once she was completely naked, Lisa turned on her music player and grabbed her glass of white wine along with a small bowl of strawberries and chocolate. She placed them on the little stand next to the tub and then climbed into the warm relaxing water. A content sigh erupted from the brunette as she made herself relax into the tub, letting the bubbles surround her as she rested her head against the edge of the tub.

"This was just what I needed," Lisa muttered, enjoying the soft tunes from the music that filled the bathroom.

~~~

"I thought I told you to let me go," Dean uttered darkly when he spotted Sam whilst he was playing some pool. He had already ripped some college boys for several hundreds of dollars, claiming to be drunk and bad at playing.

"You know that I can't do that," Sam said softly, moving closer to his brother. His heart clutched when seeing how his brother had changed. Was it maybe too late?