kidnapped

The tension in the Avengers Tower was palpable, thick like a storm cloud waiting to burst. Y/N paced the living room, her frustration boiling over. The argument had started over something trivial but had quickly escalated, dragging in all her soulmates—Natasha, Bucky, Steve, Tony, Bruce, Wanda, Clint, Pietro, Peter, Thor, and Loki. Words had been exchanged that could never be taken back, and now the room was filled with a heavy silence.

"I can't believe you don't trust me to handle myself," Y/N finally spat, her eyes flashing with anger.

"It's not about trust," Steve said, his voice tight. "It's about keeping you safe."

"You treat me like I'm made of glass!" she retorted, her hands clenching into fists. "I'm part of this team too. I deserve to be treated like an equal."

"Y/N, it's not that simple," Natasha said, her voice calm but firm. "We're just worried about you."

"Well, maybe I need some space," Y/N snapped, grabbing her jacket. "I'm going out. Don't follow me."

"Y/N, wait," Bucky called after her, but she was already out the door, the sound of it slamming echoing through the tower.

She walked the streets of New York, trying to cool her anger and clear her mind. The night air was crisp, and the city was alive with its usual hum of activity. But no matter how far she walked, she couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. She glanced over her shoulder, but there was no one there.

Suddenly, a van screeched to a halt beside her, and before she could react, strong arms grabbed her, and a cloth was pressed over her mouth. The world spun, and everything went black.

---

Years passed in a blur of agony and fear. Y/N was trapped in a nightmarish existence within the cold, sterile walls of a Hydra facility. They had tortured her, tested on her, pushing her to the brink of madness. Her body bore the scars of their experiments, and her spirit was shattered, a mere shadow of the person she once was.

Back at the Avengers Tower, her soulmates never stopped searching. The day she disappeared had marked the beginning of an endless, desperate quest. Each day without her was a stab to their hearts, a reminder of their failure to protect her.

Steve often found solace in the gym, his punches against the heavy bag a futile attempt to vent his guilt and frustration. Natasha buried herself in mission after mission, hoping that one would bring a lead on Y/N's whereabouts. Tony used every ounce of his tech genius to track any possible Hydra activity. Bruce spent long hours in the lab, trying to develop any technology that could help find her. Wanda's powers were often pushed to their limits, trying to sense Y/N's presence. Pietro and Peter scoured the city, refusing to believe she was gone for good. Thor and Loki used their unique abilities and contacts across realms to seek any trace of her.

Then, one fateful day, a lead finally emerged. Tony's persistent hacking into Hydra's encrypted communications paid off. They had a location—an old, abandoned Hydra base deep in the mountains of Eastern Europe. It was a long shot, but it was all they had.

"Suit up," Steve ordered, his voice steely. "We're bringing Y/N home."

---

The team moved with precision and determination, each step bringing them closer to the base. It was heavily guarded, but no match for the combined might of the Avengers. They fought their way through, the clatter of gunfire and the shouts of Hydra soldiers echoing in the cold corridors.

Finally, they reached the heart of the base. A large, reinforced door loomed before them. Wanda's eyes glowed red as she used her powers to wrench it open, revealing a stark, white room. And there, chained to a wall, was Y/N.

"Y/N!" Natasha cried, rushing forward. But as she approached, she hesitated. The woman before her was a ghostly figure, emaciated and covered in scars. Her eyes, once so full of life, were now hollow and vacant.

Y/N flinched at the sound of Natasha's voice, her body instinctively curling in on itself. "No...no more," she whispered, her voice raw and broken.

"It's us, Y/N," Steve said gently, kneeling beside her. "We're here to take you home."

Home. The word sounded foreign to her ears. She stared at them, her mind struggling to process what was happening. "Is it real?" she murmured, tears welling up in her eyes. "Are you really here?"

"We're here, sweetheart," Bucky said, his own eyes brimming with tears. "We're taking you away from this place."

With careful, tender hands, they unchained her, lifting her fragile body gently. Bruce immediately began assessing her injuries, his heart aching at the sight of her frailty.

As they made their way out of the base, Y/N clung to Steve, her fingers digging into his suit as if afraid he would disappear. "Don't let go," she whispered.

"I won't," Steve promised, holding her tightly. "I won't let you go."

---

The journey back to the tower was somber. The med bay became Y/N's new home as she began the long road to recovery. She was physically present but mentally, she was a million miles away. The team took turns sitting by her side, talking to her, trying to draw her out of the shell she had retreated into.

Natasha was there during the long nights, whispering stories of their past missions, hoping to spark some recognition. Tony brought her gifts, little gadgets and trinkets, hoping to see her smile again. Bruce monitored her health, ensuring she got stronger each day. Wanda used her powers to soothe her nightmares, which were frequent and violent. Clint and Pietro made sure the room was filled with light and laughter, even if it was one-sided. Thor and Loki often spoke to her of Asgard, tales of bravery and adventure meant to rekindle the fire in her soul.

It was Peter who finally made a breakthrough. He sat with her one afternoon, chattering away about school, about the latest movies, about anything and everything. He handed her a sketchpad and some pencils, remembering how she used to love to draw.

At first, she just stared at the blank pages, her hands trembling. But slowly, tentatively, she began to sketch. Her lines were shaky, and the drawings were dark and fragmented, but it was a start.

"That's amazing, Y/N," Peter said softly, watching her. "You still got it."

For the first time in years, Y/N looked up, meeting his eyes. "It's...hard," she whispered, her voice barely audible.

"I know," Peter replied, his eyes filled with understanding. "But you're not alone. We're all here with you."

Days turned into weeks, weeks into months. Slowly, Y/N began to heal, though the scars—both physical and mental—would never fully fade. She had changed, irrevocably, by her time in captivity. But with the unwavering support and love of her soulmates, she found her way back to them.

One evening, as the sun set over the city, she sat with Steve on the balcony, watching the sky turn shades of pink and orange. "I thought I'd never see this again," she said softly, leaning against him.

"You'll see many more sunsets," Steve replied, wrapping his arm around her. "We're never letting you go again."

"Promise?"

"Promise," he said, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead.

Together, they watched the sunset, knowing that no matter how broken they were, they would always find a way to piece themselves back together.