Chapter 10

It was Sunday evening. Everyone was just getting to the arena for the pay-per-view. It was in Long Island. When Camryn got to the locker room she saw a bouquet of roses waiting for her. She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"You never give up do you Max?" She thought.

Camryn opened the card. It read.

I'll be watching tonight - Sam

She smiled, took out her phone and dialed Sam's number.

"Hello?" He said

"Hi." She said.  "I just got the roses, they're beautiful." "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Camryn and Max were going out for their match in about ten minutes.

Max could tell Camryn was nervous.

"Breathe Cam." He said.

"I always get nervous before a title match."

"We're just gonna go out and do our thing."

Camryn and Max won the match and became the new champions. In the middle of the celebration they hugged.

They were back in catering drinking water.

"You did great tonight." Max said.

"So did you."

"We need to celebrate." "Let's go out to dinner." "Not a date, just to celebrate."

"Alright, let me to shower."

They went to a restaurant. They were eating and talking.

"You don't live here anymore do you?" Max asked.

"I live in Miami, but I have a place in the city." "I miss New York sometimes." "One thing I don't miss is the winters."

They were waiting on the check.

"Please let me pay." Max said.

"Ok."

"Do you want to come back to my place?" She rolled her eyes. "No, just to hang out."

"Alright." 

Camryn followed Max back to his house. He opened a bottle of wine. They both had two glasses between them. They were sitting on the couch talking.

"I don't think I've told you how proud I am of you." Max said.

"For what?"

"Making it in the wrestling business." "When we were younger you never thought you could do it."

"I had no faith in myself at first."

"When did you start training?"

"Freshman year of college." "I sucked at first."

"With as great as you are now, I don't believe that."

"It took a lot of hard work to get as good as I am now." "I wasn't fully confident in myself until I came up with the Camryn Connor persona." "Every time I wrestle I channel my inner Sarah Connor." "I actually met Linda Hamilton a few years back."

"That had to be awesome for you." 

"It was." "She's really nice."

"I'm wondering though, why blue hair?"

"I just wanted to stand out." "You don't like it?"

"You look beautiful." "I just like your natural hair better."

"The ugly brown?"

"It wasn't ugly." "Come with me." He stood up. "I want to show you something."

They went down the hall and into his home office. He swung a picture away from the wall and opened his safe.

"Recognize this?" He took out the drawing.

When Camryn saw it she couldn't believe it. "Aw, you kept it?"

"Yeah." "Every time I look at it, I think of you." He put it away.

She hugged him. He hugged her back. "That's so sweet." She kissed him on the cheek. He looked her and went to kiss her. At the very last second she pulled back. "I have to go." She turned to leave. He turned her back around and kissed her. She kissed him back. It was very intense for about thirty seconds before she broke it. "No, you're not tricking me again."

"Please don't go." "Camryn, I love you."