𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 14

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍'𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 that can surprise our dear girl [f/n]

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍'𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 that can surprise our dear girl [f/n]. i mean, dear olé daddy used to always say "expect the unexpected".

but it has never ever cross her mind that she would be in the situation she was in right now.

small detour for a moment please.

❦.

it was another one of those times where [f/n] would abruptly wake up from her slumber because of the dreams she was most graciously given.

no it wasn't a nightmare. is falling off of a cliff not considered a nightmare?

her mind decided to do her good by making it feel as real as possible. it was as if she could still feel the wind violently whipping through her hair and encasing her entire body as she fell down to her tragic demise.

she woke up before her body could crash into the rocks below. and that's what makes it even more sad. and after that she couldn't fall asleep.

so, here she was. in the kitchen, in a comfortable nightdress sipping a cup of chamomile tea as she reads a book called the tales of hinterland.

but, she wasn't too immersed into the story to not feel the gentle pressure of something pressing on her ankle. when she looked down her eyes met with bluish-grey eyes, belonging to the one and only adorable ruggie.

she cocked an eyebrow at the sweet little thing, his pupils were dilated while was blinking slowly at her. how cute. she felt tempted to just carry the little guy in her bags or pockets everywhere.

setting her book down and slowly bending down, she scooped him up with her hands. bringing him up in front of her she and ruggie had a small staring contest before she spoke up.

❝ sweetheart, what are you doing here?❞ she asks despite knowing the cat won't respond. crazy, right? ❝ i thought you'd be with your fellow cats.❞

ruggie only meowed softly, completely and utterly relaxed as he almost melted into her warm and careful hands. [f/n] hummed thoughtfully.

she couldn't sleep. ruggie couldn't sleep. best solution?

❝ you'll be sleeping with me then.❞

she pulled her arms back down as she proceeded to walk back to her bedroom with ruggie in her arms, her tea and book long forgotten.

while with ruggie, he was a bit embarrassed upon hearing that he'd be sleeping in [f/n]'s room. with [f/n], on the bed, in her arms, and-

never mind that though since we're already here.

after getting comfortable under the blanket she pulled ruggie closer to her. closer to her warmth.