Chapter 1

As the teacher was droning on, I was doodling in the back of my book, hoping the teacher wouldn't see me. I was sitting at the end of the classroom, Armin on one side. He was too busy listening to the teacher to pay any attention to me. I had no idea what I was drawing. I just let the pencil move on it's own. People say I have quite a talent for drawing but unfortunately that doesn't help because I'm no good at anything else. My grades were no higher than B's. But most of them were D's with an occasional C and B here and there but overall I wasn't doing well. Armin was doing better than me. He was determined to do well in school so he would take extra lessons outside of school. The sound of lessons outside of school doesn't appeal to me but I still try. Kind of.
I wasn't paying any attention to the class and hadn't had a clue of what I was drawing. My pencil drew lines swiftly here and there. It looked like it was going to be a man. But who, I asked myself. As my pencil moved on I began to consciously draw with it. Not taking complete control over but some. The man wore an expressionless face, had ice cold, narrow eyes, his hairstyle was an undercut and was raven black. He had beautiful features and was attractive. I thought about this then thought to myself, what am I saying? It's a drawing for heavens sake. It's not like this person exists although it wouldn't a bad thing if he did. I mean if he did exist what would I do? This question lead into a trail of thoughts that started to become strange and I had to stop myself from thinking about 'him'. In fact I didn't have a name for him. Suddenly a name popped into my head automatically. As if I knew this person. "Levi." I muttered to myself aloud. Armin heard me and asked me what I said. To be honest I had no idea but I liked that name. Levi. Somehow it made me feel warm inside.
The bell rang and I folded up my drawing and carefully put it in my bag. It was English next which I loved for I always had ideas to write creatively with. I had one main world which I would focus all my stories on and would build onto it. My teacher loved it. She said it was like a book and she looked forward to every chapter of it. I wanted to introduce my drawing as a new character. Build onto him. I thought that he should be a captain. Captain Levi. It had a nice ring to it. I of course was in the story but a lot cooler than I am now. In this world I was brave daring and determined. I'm like that now but only about things I'm passionate about. I guess in the story I was like that too but still. The world was a world where humanity were threatened by these giants called Titans who would eat humans for pleasure and the only thing keeping them safe were these walls. Until one day a huge Titan, which I called the Colossal Titan broke down the wall. Mikasa and Armin were in this story too. I loved this idea so much. I just added a chapter where I can turn into a Titan. This is a perfect place to introduce Captain Levi and properly.
I wrote and wrote and wrote non stop for the whole lesson ideas appearing in my head constantly. Unfortunately the lesson went by too quickly but it was the last lesson which meant I could get out of school. I got up from my chair, took my bag and ran out. I told Mikasa I had an errand to run but I just wanted to go for a walk. I didn't know where I was going but it was a nice day and I knew I'd be able to find my way back. The breeze was soft and refreshing, the sun was shining brightly and everything looked beautiful. I found a small pathway and was curious so I followed it. The view around me was stunning. The trees, the wildlife, it was a path in the middle of a forest. I came to a river which glistened in the sunlight. I sat down beside it, took out my drawing and stared at it. I had no idea where these ideas and images came from. They seemed so real , like memories but that couldn't be possible. I clutched onto the picture of "Levi" and closed my eyes as I felt the sun beam on my face gently. Before I knew it, I was in a deep sleep. Images appears in my mind. There was gore and blood. Titans were killing everyone. My mother was eaten alive and my comrades died for I was a soldier in this dream... no nightmare. Then I heard a voice. I couldn't get what it was saying but it was comforting and soothing. Then I woke up, the sun beginning to set. I was still clutching my picture. I sat up to look at it but the wind started to blow it away. I jumped after it but somebody caught it as a fell into the river. I sat up, soaking wet to see who caught it. And to my shock and astonishment was...

Levi... holding my drawing.