Way of the Wolf

The sun shone bright orange onto the stone-paved path. And then onto a man, who moved his bamboo staff as he stepped forward and eyed a shop. The logo has a trap right on the name. 

“Stuff for a hunter.” He comments and peers at the falling sun now lighting green. 

“To make sure a trap works, you first need the right metal and to bend the jaws.” The teenage girl watches her brother bend the trap. 

*crank* 

*SNAP* 

She then watches him jump back and into the wall, causing the cages from the wall to fall right on him. 

“Fuck!” 

“Kai, I think you need me to show you how to set one.” He removed the cage off his head. 

“Nya, I told you, I wanna be a better hunter than dad, now get away from that trap it could hurt you.” Nya crossed her arms. 

“Oh my gosh, I'm so delicate!” She waved her arms and Kai furrows his brows. 

“Seriously, I don't wanna take you to the hospital.” Nya stepped back. 

“Your traps are loud and heavy. Useful to hurt one, but not catch prey… .all tools for a hunter, but nothing for a lycan.” Nya looked over at an elderly man. Kai gets up with a huff. 

“Lyan?” huh, you're into the legends far from these parts, old man. And the shop is called “Four Claws” not “for browsing” so either buy something or go give your insults to someone else.” Nya stared at her brother and flared her teeth. 

“Kai” 

“Too bad. I'd thought I would find something special here.” Kai leers and then sees his sister motion him. 

“Fine, what kind of traps do you think are special-” Kai sees the man gone. 

“That's weird?” Nya looked around the shop and outside. 

“Just forget it, that guy gave me the creeps… .what's so special here, anyway?” 

The two siblings clean up the shop, Nya being scolded by Kai for everything she grabs a trap by the window. 

“How do you think, I'm supposed to help if I can't touch?” Kai shook his head. 

“Just go ahead and hurt yourself.” Nya looked over at a small bag of bait and threw it at him. 

“HEY!” Nya smirked and he rubbed his head. She then turned back to the windows and wiped off the cleaner. 

“You're such a bi-” 

“What the hell?” Kai looks at his sister's smile leaving her and glances outside, to see a dark cloud. 

*HOWLS* 

Nya feels her brother push her back further inside. 

“Are those-” Kai's red eyes widened and he went to the back. 

“Stay here.” Nya watched him run out in bite sleeves and covers and felt her heart skip as he held one of father's old guns and machete. 

Kai ran out and peered at the bony wolves, wait. He then stepped back as it approached him and he saw no skin. 

“What the fuck!” He swings the machete at it. 

*Snarls* 

It swings and his knife flies away and he looks back and stares up at the gibbous moon.