Chapter 2 - sand

·
·

The warm dry air is really taking a toll on Tighnari, his eyes open slightly. "W-whats going on..?" Tighnari mumbles seeing upside down, maybe cause he is hanging over Cynos shoulder. Cyno were walking through the desert slowly seeming rather unbothered by the hot weather, but Tighnari who is not used to this dry weather at all feels like dying.

"Uhhh!" Tighnari mumbles and Cyno notice immediately. He sat Tighnari down in the hot sand and Tighnari felt all lightheaded. "Hey there's.. Water over there!" Tighnari smiles pointing and Cyno shook his head. "You can't even make it 3 hours in the desert.. Here have some of my water." He says and hands over his only bottle of water, "don't drink too much I need at least one more sip later on to make it to the nearest oasis without a headache. And you... Probably need much more than what I already have.. We gotta hurry up."

Tighnari drinks at least half of the water that is left before handing the bottle to Cyno again. Cyno closes it and then picks Tighnari up again laying Tighnari over his shoulder, he can't help but feel a bit bad for the poor guy. After hours they finally get to their first destination, the oasis. Tighnari didn't care and just ran to it to drink water.

Cyno refill his bottle, and drinks too. He also started setting up his small tent. "Let's sleep here tonight, tomorrow we will be able to reach the city." Cyno says and Tighnari nods feeling much better after drinking.

The night goes by, Tighnari didn't know that the night in the desert could be so cold. Hugging his tail right, Cyno was night guarding.

...

Morning came and Tighnari woke up he drank a lot of water from the oasis. Cyno packs the tent meanwhile.

"Your tail looks very fluffy" Cyno says and Tighnari turns to look at Cyno. "It's dry, I hate the desert and I hate the sand". "Calm down, we will make it to the civilization in less than 4 hours" Cyno replies crossing his arms. Tighnari stood up and walks over to Cyno. "Please carry me.." Tighnari beg and Cyno shook his head. "Nahh, you can at least walk for a bit, I refilled my bottle to fullest so you're going to make it."

Cyno and Tighnari starts wandering the hours go by slowly and Tighnari starts dragging his feet in the sand soon enough.

"Cyno, why did you kidnap me?" Tighnari asks but Cyno gave Tighnari a glare. "Well, you deserve to know after all this trouble. You know- I need a maid." "What!? Are you serious?" Tighnari says angry.

"No dummy, we just need help. Cause my mother is sick and she does need treatment, but no one seems to know how to treat it. She is lying in bed, very sick.." Cyno explains making Tighnari's ears perk up. "Oh okay, well let's see when I get there." Tighnari sighs and Cyno nods "thank you Tighnari.".

After hours they finally reach the city, it was full of folk, many people were selling fruits on the streets. The houses were built of rock sand, it seemed kind of poor to live there as a normal citizen. Tighnari looked around them a bit curious, people hurried making way for Cyno, the crown prince. A kid came up to them and asked: "Prince Cyno are you here to judge someone?". The mother to the kid apologize dragging the kid away to the side. Cyno ignored the kid and walked straight forward, Tighnari was walking behind him. Everyone is whispering, who is that strange fennec fox guy and why is he walking along with the prince!? Tighnari felt a bit uncomfortable walking through the city with all eyes on them.

In the end they reach the huuuge pyramid, Cyno used his powers to open the heavy sand door. It was cool but scary at the same time. A cold wind came from in there, Cyno grab Tighnari's hand.
"There are traps, keep close and do not touch anything around you."

Cyno leads Tighnari to an evelator that goes up a few floors, until they came into a special big room with a throne. There Cyno's father sat seeming frustrated.

Cyno: Father, I'm back.

Cyno's father looks up a bit surprised, then he put on a stern demanour seeing the stranger fennec guy from the forest.

Cyno's father: Who is this stranger son, were you in the forest again? You know-

Cyno: I know father, I bring him here. He is professional at herbs and sicknesses.

Cyno's father raise an eyebrow, he stood up and walk down the stairs from his throne. "I'll lead the way". He says hiding his desperate side for help. Tighnari and Cyno enters a room with a bed, everything was very luxurious and Cyno's mother were laying sick in a huge bed. Tighnari stood by the bed.

Tighnari: Whats her symptoms?

Cyno's father: She is really warm, and she do have red marks around her torso.

Tighnari thinks for a bit.

Tighnari: May I have a look at the red marks?

Cyno's father seems hesitant at first but then gave a nod and showed Tighnari the red marks, Tighnari makes a note in his head.

Tighnari: Do they itch? What have she complained about?

Cyno eyes his father, Cyno's father looks down at his sick beautiful wife. "She have complained about much pain, exhaustion, headache, itching. We have called in many doctors but they don't seem to be able to help it. Will she be able to make it?" Cyno's father asks with a frown, and Cyno put a hand over his dear mother's forehead.

Tighnari makes another mental note about her complaints.

Tighnari: Could I have a paper and pen?

Cyno: Of course.

Cyno hands a note paper and a pen, Tighnari takes his time describing her symptoms. After thinking for a while he finally came to an conclusion. "She does have Shingles, I do know a treatment but then I would need pretty rare herbs. Is there aby herb shops in the city?". Cyno nods in response and clap his hands.

Two servants gets the herbs as described, from the best herb store in the city

Two servants gets the herbs as described, from the best herb store in the city. As for so Cyno's mother starts getting her treatment...

~Author's note~

Hiii! This is chapter 2 of the story and I hope you enjoyed reading it! Please leave a comment it makes me happy<33

Do y'all have any good Cyno x Nari or Kaveh x Alhaitham book tips?:33
Please share!

Have a nice day readers!

/juno