𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄: 𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐘 𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐄𝐒

(act two, chapter twelve: daddy issues)

🎞️🎞️🎞️

"Morning." John greeted as the two girls came walking into the kitchen in the morning. Buffy mostly to get some breakfast before school and Elena to get answers.

"What are you doing here?" Elena asked, not going around the situation like he had done yesterday. She wanted real answers.

"Coffee?" John asked, offering them Elena ignored his question, while Buffy slowly shook her head, still trying to be polite to him even though she did not like him one bit more than she ever did. Especially not after finding out that he lied to Elena for seventeen years. Buffy understood that it had hurt her, so she wasn't about to act too politely.

"We're not doing that. We did that last night. No more avoiding. Why are here?" Elena asked him as. Ever since she had stepped back through the front door and saw him standing in the hallway, that question had been stuck in her head.

"I'm here to protect you. That's all I can say for the moment."

"What do you mean that's all you can say?" She asked, repeating his words.

"Just tell her." Buffy spoke, not even looking at him as she said it. He was just making the situation worse for himself and Elena. The sooner Elena had her answer the faster John could leave town again.

Acting like that he is just making himself more suspicious

"I'll tell you more, when I'm convinced I can trust you."

Says the biggest liar in the room

"And she should just trust you?" Buffy asked, turning to face John. Out of the daughter - father duo in front of her, Elena was definitely the more trustworthy. John just showed up out of nowhere every single time he visited.

"Oh, God, I'm late." Jenna said as she entered the room with Alaric, directly going over to the fridge, only stopping since she saw John standing next to her niece.

"That's what you get for hitting the snooze three times." Alaric laughed, but stopped when he also noticed the Gilbert and both of Elena and Buffy's annoyed faces.

"What the hell?" Jenna asked, surprised.

"Good morning to you, Jenna. Alaric." John greeted.

"It's okay I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever." Jenna said as she looked back from Elena to John.

"Well, I got in late last night and Elena let me in." John explained.

"You know, I'm probably just gonna take off. Come on, Buffy." Alaric said and Buffy looked at him confused, but he just returned her look. Buffy abandoned her breakfast before following after Alaric, giving Elena an apologetic smile over her shoulder.