Chapter 5

Pagkatapos kong maglinis ng mga kinainan ko at matapos maghugas ng pinggan, tinungo ko ang kwarto ko to take a moment to think about what I should do. Wala namang klase at wala akong assignments. Kinuha ko ang phone ko at sinilip kung may text si Dad o kahit si Mom. Pero wala. Ano pa nga bang ineexpect ko? My father disowned me the moment na umalis ako sa bahay, but I don't give a damn anymore. Patigasan na lang ng ulo. Nakakapagod na mag-stay sa impyernong bahay na 'yon. Wala akong kalayaan doon. It's better na ganitong landas ang pinili ko.

Habang nag-iisip ako ng mga dapat kong gawin, nararamdaman kong inaantok na ako. Parang wala na akong ibang magawa, kaya pumikit na lang ako. Sa bawat paghinga, ramdam ko ang bigat ng mga problema ko, pero alam kong kakayanin ko 'to. Unti-unti, nilamon ako ng antok, at natulog na lang ako nang mahimbing.

I woke up and realized na nakatulog ako. Tinignan ko ang oras-3pm na. Tumayo ako at pumunta sa bathroom para mag-toothbrush at maghilamos. The cold water on my face felt refreshing, like it was bringing back the energy I lost earlier. After brushing my teeth, I looked at myself in the mirror, thinking about what else I could do today.

I went to the kitchen to drink some water. I could feel the cold water flowing down my throat, washing away all the stress. I sighed deeply after drinking and went back to my room.

Back in my room, I sat on my bed and started thinking. Wala naman akong pwedeng gawin dito, so maybe I could go out. I decided to go malling to buy some things I needed. While thinking about it, I glanced at my closet and thought of dressing up more nicely.

I opened my closet and picked out a chic outfit-a crisp white linen shirt, slightly unbuttoned at the top, paired with fitted beige chinos. I completed the look with a light gray blazer, a pair of polished brown loafers, and a leather belt to match. I styled my hair neatly and added a touch of cologne. Satisfied with my appearance, I looked at myself in the mirror and nodded approvingly.

After getting dressed, I grabbed my wallet and phone, and made some final adjustments before leaving my room. I went to the door and put on a minimalist silver watch. I took a deep breath, ready to face the day.

Stepping out of my room, I felt the afternoon heat, but I was determined to follow through with my plans. I headed to the nearest mall, excited about the possibilities of things I could see and buy.

When I arrived at the mall, I headed straight for the clothing boutiques. Stepping into a high-end store, I began browsing with a mix of excitement and purpose. I picked out some classic pieces: well-fitted button-down shirts in versatile colors and a couple of pairs of dark wash jeans that looked durable yet stylish.

Moving to the outerwear section, I found a lightweight bomber jacket that seemed perfect for both casual outings and cooler evenings. I debated over a pair of leather loafers, opting finally for a comfortable yet elegant pair in brown leather that matched well with the rest of my selections.

As I perused the accessories, I settled on a simple but sturdy leather belt and a watch that was functional yet understatedly stylish.

Ready to pay for my purchases, I made my way to the cashier. Just as I was about to approach the counter, I accidentally bumped into a young child, The impact startled him, and he immediately burst into tears, his cries echoing through the store. Concerned, "oh my god," I knelt down beside him, trying to calm him down.

"Shh I'm sorry young man, I'm sorry," I said softly, hoping to reassure him. But the child continued to cry loudly, attracting the attention of other shoppers and store staff.

I looked around, hoping to spot his parents or someone who knew him, but no one came forward. Realizing that the child was upset and scared, I gently lifted him up and held him close, trying to comfort him as best as I could. Despite my efforts, diparin tumigil, and I began to worry.