Chapter 6

I was in the classroom waiting for bri to come "ang tagal naman" i was just scrolling to my social Media when i received a message from brianna

"I'll be late today sky" brianna texted

"Why? What happen?" I texted back

"Something happen" Bri texted back

I sighed and put my phone back into my pocket. Nakaka-inip talaga. Brianna is the only friend that I have here, and I'm not interested to socialize with others. I glanced around the classroom, watching my classmates chatting and laughing in their groups. Parang ang saya-saya nila, but I felt so out of place.

"Sky, okay ka lang?" our classmate, Jake, suddenly asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, okay lang," I replied half-heartedly.

He gave me a curious look but didn’t press further. I appreciated that. Minsan mas mabuti na yung hindi nangungulit madali lang kasi ako mainis sa mga makukulit.

I decided to focus on something else to pass the time. Opening my notebook, I started doodling random sketches. Drawing always helped me to calm down and forget about everything else.

After what felt like forever, I heard the door creak open. I looked up, hoping it was Brianna. Pero hindi siya. It was just our teacher, Mr. Ramos.

"Alright, class, settle down. Let’s get started," he said, clapping his hands to get everyone's attention.

I sighed again. Looks like I’ll have to go through this class without Brianna. I tried to focus on the lesson, pero my mind kept wandering. Ano kayang nangyari kay Brianna? Is she okay?

After a few minutes, my phone buzzed in my pocket. Checking it discreetly, I saw another message from Brianna.

"I'll talk to you later sky."

"Of course, Bri. Ingat ka," I replied quickly before putting my phone away.

I took a deep breath and tried to concentrate on Mr. Ramos's lecture. Even though Brianna wasn’t here, I knew she'd tell me everything later. For now, I just had to get through the day.

Mr. Ramos started the lesson, and I forced myself to take notes. Tulad ng dati, he was explaining a concept that seemed complicated at first but made sense as he broke it down step-by-step. Mr. Ramos was one of the few teachers who could hold my attention, kahit pa medyo distracted ako ngayon.

Halfway through the class, the door opened again. This time, it was Brianna. She walked in quietly, trying not to draw too much attention to herself, but Mr. Ramos noticed her.

"Glad you could join us, Brianna. Please take your seat," he said with a hint of concern in his voice.

I watched as Brianna slipped into the seat next to mine. She gave me a quick smile, but I could tell she was a bit flustered.

"Traffic," she mouthed as she settled in.

I nodded, relieved that it wasn't anything serious. "Okay ka lang?" I whispered.

She nodded and rolled her eyes slightly. "Nakaka-inis lang. Almost half an hour ako stuck sa traffic," she whispered back.

The rest of the class dragged on, and I couldn't wait for it to end. Finally, the bell rang, signaling the end of the period. As everyone started packing up, I turned to Brianna.

"I thought ano na ang something happen na sinabi mo, Bri. Traffic lang pala," I said, half-teasing.

She laughed and shrugged. "Sorry, I should've been clearer. Nakaka-bad trip lang kasi kanina."