Chapter 2. masked ball.

Authors note: This chapter is a bit shorter than the last one, sorry.

Melissa pov:
Despite our situation, I'm a little excited about going out tonight. We all stand outside the building, admiring it, before we all go in. That's when kc grabs Zane's hand and drags him inside. "I thought we weren't going to make a scene?" I asked, slightly annoyed and rubbing my forehead. "Can you even make a scene here? I mean, look at this place!" Aphmau exclaims, while I get distracted and start walking away with Lucinda following me. "Oh, look at the fountain!"

Lucinda pov:
It was kinda cute seeing Melissa get distracted. "It looks so cool." I respond following her. "Oh, my gosh, I wanna make a wish!" She explained happily. "Then let's go." I spoke, grabbing her hand and walking to the fountain. We stopped in front of it, Melissa searched for coins in her pocketed dress with no luck. "Oh, well." She said as she  went to walk away. Until I grab her hand and pull her back that is. "Huh?" She asked, turning to me, that's when I use my witchcraft and teleport coins, and her eyes lit up immediately. I hand her a coin, and toss one in myself, washing to find a new partner as I was getting lonely. "What'd you wish for?" She asked. "That'd mean it won't come true." I teased. She scoffed and chucked her coin in, and we headed inside. "Drinks on me!" I said, a little too loud for my liking. "Everything here is free." Melissa responded, slight bit of sass in her voice, I chuckle and walk off her following behind me.

Melissa pov:
We sit down and order drinks. "Told you this would work." Lucinda said with a sassy tone. "I guess you were right, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful. The GF aren't the only ones who know our faces, everyone here has seen the pictures too." I explained, still quite on edge. "Relax. We will be fine, we'll play it safe. We'll let everyone have a few more minutes and then maybe we'll head out." She reassures me and explains. "Well, if we're leaving soon, then there's something I gotta do." I say getting out of my seat. "Wait, where are you going?" Lucinda asks and I turn around. "If we're leaving, then I'm getting a dance in first!" I say with a slight bit of confidence and Lucinda gets up. "Dance? Ah, wait." She demanded, before sculling her whole glass, then putting it on the table and responding kind of tipsy. "I'm coming with you~" I smile nervously, and slightly flustered before walking to the dance floor. We got to the edge of the dance floor. I was behind Aaron to dance with Aphmau because he says he can't dance. That's when I notice Garroth standing next to Lucinda. "Dancing is my speciality." He said very cocky. "M'lady?" He said leaning slightly closer to her and putting his hand out. I feel a huge wave of jealousy wash over me, it's enraging. "Nope." I say running up to her and grabbing her hand. "This is MY dance!" I demand. I turn my head to him, anger and jealousy in my eyes. He cowers back straight away. "Ohh~ Oui, oui~" She said in a flirtatious tone, making my heart race, I couldn't back down now, though. I guide her to the dance floor.

577 words.