Chapter 3 Dancing

Melissa pov:
We got onto the dance floor, and I wrap my hands around her waist, while she wraps hers around my neck. My heart races as we dance, my mind goes to all sorts of different places, not all appropriate. Starring into her ruby red eyes makes me a little dizzy. I wanted to kiss her, but because of me being in the closet I can't. I also don't know if she likes women. I feel my face get hot, and I see her blush too. I could dance with her for hours, feeling her hands on me. Maybe not always like this, I realise I've been starring for a little too long, so I look away noticing Garroth dancing by himself and attracting other women, it was quite funny to watch. I feel Lucinda let go and turn to him, it hurt, but I was looking at him first so I can't say anything. We both smile at each other and go back to dancing. I feel even more dizzy, I don't want to show it though, because then we'd stop and I don't want that. We danced in silence for the whole song. It stops and she goes to walk away but I pull her back and she glances over at me. "S-sorry." I stuttered, she rolled her eyes and we danced to the next song. I wasn't expecting her to want to dance again. She got more comfortable and leaned her head on my shoulder, I almost fainted, my face went completely red. I hope she didn't notice, or hear how fast my heart was racing.

The song ends and we let go, she joins Garroth somewhere and I find Aaron, practically falling into his arms. "Oh, my Irene, Aaron." I said, my voice shaking. He signals for Aphmau to leave us alone. "What happened sis?" He asked. "I-i have a question for you. I also feel really dizzy." I explained, and he gasped, putting me down on a chair and sat beside me. I lean my head my shoulder on his shoulder. "What's your question Mel?" He asked. "Do you know Luci's sexuality?" I asked in a whisper. "Uh, yeah. She's pan, do you like her~?" He asked, I quickly cover his mouth and shush him. "SSHHHH!! Don't say it so loud!" (Toh reference) "Alright, sorry." He chuckle. "Aaron, she's hot." I whispered quietly, he rolled his eyes at me. "Yeah?" He asked. "Yeah, have you seen her eyes? Or felt her soft skin? I just want to-" he cuts me off knowing what I'm about to say. "Mel, we're in public shush, and no, I haven't felt her hands, she does have pretty eyes though, Aph's are still prettier." He said, glancing over at his fiance. "Ugh, this is the one moment I DON'T want to ship you guys, stop!" I groan. "You've already danced with her, why don't you go ask her out?" I gasp. "What? No. That's scary." I complain as he rolls his eyes again. "Mel?" Lucinda asks walking up to us, I quickly sit up properly. "Yes?" I ask, and she blushes. "Do you want to go outside for a bit?" I don't want to go alone." She explained, I jump out of my seat. "Sure, let's go." I glance to Aaron, who is giving me a do it look.

We go outside and sit on a bench in front of a beautiful pond. "Thank you, this place is gorgeous!" She exclaims. 'Like you.' I thought. "It is, Luci." She turns her head to me. "I- would you like to have another dance?" She asked getting up, since we could still hear the music. "Uh, yeah, sure!" I said, showing her how eager I was. It was embarrassing. "You like to dance?" She asked, putting her hands around my neck. "yes, I do." 'Specifically with you.' I thought, wrapping my hands around her waist again. She moves right hand to the bottom of my shoulder. "This is so fun~" she said. "Yeah, it is. Are you drunk?" I asked "no~" she whined, she was definitely drunk. "Luci, maybe- nevermind, we should be enjoying this night." I said, deciding against getting her sober. My races and I start to feel dizzy again, so, I grip her tighter and she lets out a drunken giggle. I spin her around, before putting back where she was. "Could we not stop dancing?" She asked. "Of course, we can stay here." I reassured her, and she puts her right hand back on my neck.

The song ends and we head back inside, she goes off with Aphmau and kc, while go to Aaron. "Did you do it?" He asked "No." Was all I said, and he turns to me. "What? Why not?" He asked confused. "She's drunk, I don't want a drunken answer, I want a truthful one." I explain, and he puts his hand on my shoulder. "That a'girl." He said, gently.

832 words.