Lavish Looks

"How do I look?" Eva asked her younger sister Evelyn. 

"Gorgeous as usual." 

They were getting ready to go to the annual Crystal Charity Ball. It was practically a family tradition to attend every year, Eva had decided that she was not going to be the one to break the tradition nor was Evelyn. 

"Well, Thank you my love." Eva replied, "We better hurry or else we are going to be late. That would a catastrophe."

"Calm down sis, I am sure that even if we are, it would be considered 'fashionably'" Evelyn chuckled.

"I know, I know, but I cannot leave my car in an unsafe position and you and I both know that that would be my only choice if in fact we are late."

Eva had recently bought a gray 2015 Lexus which she was absolutely obsessed with. She felt as though her neighbors were trying to compete with her and her possessions because a short while after she bought her car, they bought a white 2015 Lexus jeep. She would've thought that this was coincidental, but even simple things as painting their house and even mowing their lawn, they some how synchronized these events so that they occurred shortly after Eva did these things.

"Well, in that case let's get going then." Evelyn said, whiles applying one last puff of powder onto her face.

Eva hurriedly placed all of her makeup items back into their respectful places. Evelyn headed down the hall to her room and did the same with her makeup. She then went down stairs, Eva followed.

They both headed into the kitchen for a drink of water before they left. The cabinets were mahogany wood, the tiles were all granite and all of the fixtures were stainless steel.

Evelyn clicked the switch on the wall which turned on all of the spotlights in the room.

Eva got her glass, went to the fridge and pressed 'water'. Evelyn did the same.

They got their purses off of the hallway table and whiles leaving out, Eva turned off all of the lights but left the outside ones on. She locked the house door and started for the car. She stopped abruptly and turned to Evelyn. 

"But first let me take a selfie."

"But of course." Evelyn replied. They took a few pictures on their iPhones.

They then resumed to the car. Eva clicked the unlock button on her key, she and Evelyn then went inside. Eva started the car and Live For by The Weeknd began to play. 

As soon as they were out of the driveway, they began talking.

"Eva, I am sooo nervous! Did you forget who's going to be there?" Evelyn asked.

"Andrew?"

"Yes! I haven't seen him since prom night, but we still text." Evelyn replied,"And in all honesty, I still have feelings for him."

"Just be yourself sis, everything will be fine. Trust me."

"Thanks. I am so anxious to see him! You wouldn't even know."

"You're right, I wouldn't." Eva replied.

Eva's life was great, she was very wealthy. She had two homes, one there in Los Angeles and the other back in Florida- her home state. Everything was good for her, except her love life which was a known failure. She wanted a boyfriend and trust me, she had plenty in her time, but none of them were able to handle her busy life. All the travelling, photo shoots, appointments and male associates did not go well with any of her boyfriends. Her last relationship lasted 3 weeks. From last year November when it ended up to now, she had decided that she would just have to live the single life.

She had decided that she still had her whole life ahead of her and she wanted to focus on her career. She was now somehow regretting her choice. Her sister was alot of company for her, but she still felt lonely and as though something was missing.

Evelyn looked over at her sister. She sensed that she was a bit sad.

"Don't worry, the right person will come along. The person that can deal with you and your career."

"You think so?" Eva asked, eyes still locked on the road. At this time in the evening in Los Angeles, There was major traffic.

"I know so." Evelyn replied. But in actuality, she didn't.