Undying Love

Luckily, they made it to the ball with 10 minutes to spare. Even by that time, the venue's parking was crammed. Fortunately, there was valet parking, Eva didn't mind paying to secure her car so she paid without hesitation.

Evelyn Watson(19 y.o)

My sister and I walked inside of the enormous ballroom. Crystals hanged from the ceilings, light blue and white streamers lined the walls. The seats were covered in white and light blue satin cloth. By now, people inside were re-acquainting with each other. Most of them were annual attendees of the Ball. 

Eva and I walked over to some familiar faces, we greeted everyone and joined the conversation.

It wasn't long before I felt someone tap my shoulder. That person was Andrew. 

He looked so handsome in his tuxedo. It reminded me of prom night. He was my prom date, our formal attire was color co-ordinated. My gown was teal and black, so was his tux. That night was very memorable because I lost my virginity to him that night. The only person I shared that with was my sister Eva. She had been very understanding with the situation because she had lost hers when she was still in school at age fifteen. I have mixed emotions about her at times, She out does me whether it is in a good or bad way.

I squealed with excitement and hugged him.  He wrapped his arms around my waist for a long embrace. 

"How have you been?" He asked me. Him and I now walking away from the group of people to a more secluded corner. 

"Good, I started college at UCLA last fall. I'm still getting adjusted to the college life even though some of my classes are online. How about you?"

"That's great! I've been fine, I am starting college this fall at Northridge." He replied.

"Oh, that's nice."

"Evelyn, I don't know if you feel the same way about me as I do about you, but ever since prom night I could not stop thinking about you. Normally, when I haven't seen someone in a while, I would feel so awkward around them. With you it's different."

Just then, Michael walked up to us - Andrew's bestfriend from high school. 

"Hey, hey, hey! What's going on here? Looks like someone is in their feelings again." Michael poked at Andrew. He was always so wild and spontaneous. Even inappropriate at times. "How are you Evelyn, I haven't seen you since... since summer camp." He continued.

"I'm good and what is this summer camp you speak of? You mean highschool...?" I replied.

"Michael don't tell me you're intoxicated already, we just got here!" Andrew stated in annoyance.

"I won't tell you." Michael replied. "Ha ha ha." He staggered on into the crowd. 

"Like I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, I want you in my life Evelyn. My love for you has grown even more since high school."

I was getting weak in the knees, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. In all honesty, I felt the same way about him, but you never let boys know that. You have to say some and leave some. You can't let them hear it all at once.

"Oh, wow. I want you in my life too. I feel so comfortable around you." I replied.

The ballroom was now filled with people.

"Are you available this Saturday? We could go for Sushi at the world famous Sushi Zo Restaurant." Andrew stated excitedly. " I mean that is if you like sushi."

"Yeah, I'm free then, and I love sushi." I replied. I was bubbling over with anticipation, but of course I didn't want it to show.

"Okay, well it's a date then."

"Good evening to all, Welcome to the Crystal Charity Ball." The speaker had just came onto the mic.

"It's a date." I whispered.