𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘 𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐘 | 𝐏𝐓. 𝟐

With her device in hand, Skylar stepped onto the sidewalk and went to her contact list

With her device in hand, Skylar stepped onto the sidewalk and went to her contact list. She scrolled through it, turning away from the sun since the glare was preventing her from being able to see what was on her screen.

Once she located the number she was looking for, she pressed the call button and placed the phone up to her ear.

After a few rings, the person on the other end picked up. "Hi, you've reached The Sweet Fix by Sam. This is Samantha speaking."

"Hey Samantha, it's Skylar. I called a few weeks ago and placed an order for the three tier rainbow Care Bear cake, Rice Krispy treats and chocolate covered strawberries."

"Oh, hey Skylar! How are you?"

"I'm good." She nodded, "I do need a favor though."

"Sure, what's up?" The woman inquired.

"I know I'm supposed to be picking everything up tomorrow for my daughter's party, but I was wondering if you could add another batch of the Rice Krispies?"

"More people RSVP'd than I expected, and I just want to make sure I have enough for all of the guests, also in case anybody wants to take some to go." Sky explained. "I'll pay whatever, it's fine."

"Okay, I'm sure I should be able to accomplish that within the given time frame. Thank you for reaching out. No worries, I'll get it done."

Exhaling in relief, Skylar placed a hand on her chest. "You're a life saver. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Send me an invoice and I'll Zelle you the money."

"You're welcome! And okay, I'll send it as soon as we hang up."

"I'll be on the lookout for it. See you tomorrow."

"See you then."

Once they both hung up, Skylar waited for Sam to send her the invoice. She paid it, and screenshotted the confirmation message.

For the past week or so, she'd been nothing but a ball of stress and anxiety. Sky was a perfectionist, so everything had to be on point for her broke bestie's 4th birthday.

Trevon offered for the party to be thrown at his house since he had more than enough room. That way, she was able to rent a bouncy house, a DJ, slip n' slide and a cotton candy machine.

This year, Skylar went with Care Bears as the theme. She'd started planning a month ago, getting inspo off of Pinterest. There were so many reference pictures saved to her board, so of course the vision had to come to life.

It was unbelievable that Talia was turning four already. Seemed like just yesterday she was bringing her home from the hospital, a tiny little newborn.

Now she was in pre-k and had such a big, bright personality. Often times, Sky got emotional when she thought about her growing up. She couldn't even imagine her being in middle and high school.