Training

After about an hour, Nezuko reached a house. She knocked on the door and waited. Almost immediately, an elderly man wearing a mask opened the door. When he saw her, he almost jumped in surprise and stared at her. For some reason, she looked familiar to him.

"Nezuko, what are you doing here?" the man asked.

"How do you know my name?"

"I am Urokodaki, and I was Tanjiro's teacher. However, during his training, you were asleep. We've seen each other around twice, which is probably why you don't remember me. So, what brings you here?"

Nezuko explained the reason for her visit and asked Urokodaki if he would teach her how to kill demons. The old man agreed after a brief hesitation. Thus, Nezuko's training began.

.

.

.

The lessons for the girl proceeded just as they had for Tanjiro. After about half a year, she finally learned water breathing. Urokodaki found that his student learned very quickly, so he gave her a harder boulder to cut.

.

.

Another half a year passed. On December 28th, Nezuko turned 13 years old. However, this was not a cause for celebration in her opinion, as she still hadn't split the boulder. The worst part was that the more she tried, the weaker she felt, and she also found it difficult to use water breathing. After a few more unsuccessful attempts, Nezuko threw her sword aside and began kicking the boulder. However, she badly hurt her leg and had to stop.

"What am I missing? Why was Tanjiro able to cut it, but I can't? Is there some secret technique?"

.

.

Two more months passed. During that time, Nezuko made a few scratches and broke a few swords, but still hadn't achieved anything significant. At least she had some kind of strategy - she would strike the boulder in the same spot, and eventually, she would cut it. Eventually...

"This isn't working!" Nezuko fumed. "This is impossible!"

"Oh no, it is completely possible, and now I'll prove it to you, little sister!" A voice came from behind her.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

---
I'm back with the milk! (lol)

I'm drawing a cover for this story, and I am going to change the title anytime soon.

I will try to post at least once a week because the summer vacation has started, and I have more free time! (And I may also add a few drawings in some of the chapters!)

// 401 words, btw