Chapter 5

Chloe

"What the actual fuck, Kate? Did you invite them here?" I half screamed as soon as the fresh air hit me. God, I think maybe I need to stand outside for a little longer. It's doing wonders for my drunk ass.

"No! I mean I knew they hang out here sometimes but I promise you I would never do this!" her voice is strained as her eyes become glossy with unshed tears. Fuck, why would I even assume that?

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to. It's just in my past... Never mind, there is no excuse. I just thought you had ulterior intentions when I saw Alexander outside the bathrooms." I shake my head in defeat, realising that I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions but the past knows when to creep back in at the worst moments.

"No, it's okay. When they joined in I should have gone after you, but Liam caged me and I stopped thinking." Her cheeks become redder than before and now she's as red as an onion, red one of course, and I smile at her knowing that she's blushing because of him. One day I'll get her to tell me her story but I know not to push too much. After all, I'm hiding plenty of secrets in my closet.

"It's okay, honestly let's just enjoy our girl's night even if the guys kind of defeat the point of it." She smiles and grabs my hand tugging me to follow her back inside. My legs are a little shaky in the heels but the fresh air definitely sobered me up a tad.

"Shots!" Kate shouts as the guys shout in agreement. Not even a second later a mystery shot lands into my hand. Who knows who gave it to me but with half the team surrounding us I do hope nothing bad has been put inside of it. Doubt any of them want to drug me, they seem to like me enough. Hopefully...

Kate and I dance to the music but pretty sure we miss the beat but she looks so carefree and I don't particularly care either as I sway my hips. Shots keep coming and by now I take them as if they are water. I can still feel a little bit of the burn but it's not bad at all.

What's bad, well not bad but just annoying, is Alexanders eyes that I keep feeling on me. He hasn't stopped staring at me since we came back but I'm determined to ensure this night will be a girl's one and no man will ruin it. Kate seems to be doing the same as she purposely ignores Liam and gives him, her back.

I'm proud of us!

Hours have gone by and I feel sweaty and gross as we barely stopped the take a breather from all the dancing. The amount of alcohol did not help, and neither did my lack of experience with it. I'm not sure I've ever been so drunk and apparently alcohol makes me horny. It's either that or Alexander who has been a constant shadow, never letting me out of his sight.

He towers over most of the bar, few other players being an exception so I can't forget about his presence. Frustrated, drunk and horny isn't a great look on me.

I should leave before I do something stupid, well actually I really need to go as I feel my legs are about to give up on me.

"Katie, shit is it okay if I call you Katie? It suits you." I slur and she smiles widely as she hugs me, we are both covered in sweat so as she pulls back out skin sticks to each other. Yuck, I need a shower asap.

"I gotta go before I pass out. Will you be okay here?" I try to formulate the words as best as I can and definitely hope they come out as I intended.

"Yes, girl! I'll just dance for a little longer. Text me when you get home please or I'll be calling the police." she takes a phone out pointing at it just to make the point."Will do! Love you!" I blow her a kiss and shout a quick goodbye to the guys who are either just as drunk as us or the sober ones trying to make everyone drink water. Thank god for tomorrow being the day off for all of us.