A Promise

Everything was quiet in the daycare when Solar woke up. He rubbed his eyes, stretched and yawned, only to be surprised by a ranch Dorito sleeping in front of him. "What the-" Solar said quietly. Ruin shifted slightly by the sudden sound. He was kneeling down on the ground with his head and arms laying on the desk. Solar checked the time. It was 7 a.m. He had gotten about 4 hours of sleep. He grunted, "Good enough." The daycare, gift shop and theatre usually open at 10, but it was enough time to at least get ready. He was about to leave the daycare when he turned back to look at Ruin. Sun usually likes to wake up early to prepare for the children, he can't just leave Ruin there, plus he didn't want to worry Sun. Solar walked over to Ruin and called his name. "Ruin. RUIN!" Ruin jumped up startled. "Goodness gracious, Solar! You scared me!"

"Yeah, I did. Get up. Sun might arrive in a few minutes and I don't want you being the first thing he sees." (Because Ruin is too beautiful to lay eyes on, isn't that right, Solar? 😁)

Ruin gave him an offended look. "Got it! No need to be rude." ◔_◔

Solar turned again to leave when Ruin called his name.

"Um...Solar, if I may, your gremlins are still sleeping in the tower. Shall I wake them up? They might bother Sun and the children if they are awoken later on and I am certain you wouldn't want the daycare set on fire again, would you?"

Solar grunted. "Fine, you go do that." He paused, thinking. Ruin did a pretty good job at taking care of them yesterday. Why not let him babysit today, too? What could go wrong? (Multiple things. Those children our vicious 😰. They destroyed my Choo choo train one time 😭)

"Ruin, do you think you can take care of them for another day?"

"Solar, I am already very busy with my plans and search for Dark Sun there's no wa-"

"I'll pay you."

Ruin scoffed. "You really think I can be bou-"

"I'll take you to one of Hamiltons shows."

"Deal. "  Ruin immediately reached out his hand to shake with Solars. Solar shook his hand, but was hesitant for a second, which he found odd. Solar turned again to leave when he heard Ruin following him. "Can't you teleport?" 

"My teleportation device is awfully broken due to teleporting all those pumpkins. You see, initially I had made it to only hold one person." 

Solar sighed. "Alright then."

Solar and Ruin walked in awkward silence. He knew it'd be better if he started another conversation, but how do you do that with someone who killed you? Luckily for him, Ruin started humming some songs from Hamilton to break the silence. They walked through the doorway and into the concession stand. Solar reached the desks and started unpacking the 'Disappointments'. A few second later Ruin suddenly spoke. "Do you promise?"

Solar continued and didn't look up. "Promise what?"

"To take me to see Hamilton. You're not just lying to get what you want, right? A deal is a deal. But, considering you do have a good heart, which is rather rare to find in others nowadays, I would expect you to keep it."

Solar looked up. He was taken aback. Did Ruin really think that? He looked back down at the 'Disappointments'. (How dare you 😡 stare into his eyes Solar! Look at him and then...kiss.) "Yeah, I promise."

"Excellent! I will do as you request, Solar."

Ruin then skipped towards the hidden door to the tower, humming again.

Solar watched him as he went. Does he really think of me like that? If so, maybe he was telling the truth about trying to save me. Solar didn't know how to feel. He was too conflicted. Maybe he can give Ruin another chance? 

Maybe.

——————————————————————————————-

ANYWAYS THAT IS IT FOR THIS CHAPTER✨✨✨

I made it more about the ship on this one

Will Solar keep his promise?

Will Ruin get forgiveness?

Will the Jacklings burn down the theater?

And will I ever forgive them for destroying my Choo Choo Timothy?

No definitely not. 

FIND OUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER✨✨✨

Words: 687