In The Rain

"Say it." she says, heart swelling in her chest. "Say you loved me." she says as tears begin to fill her eyes, not daring to spill. "Elaine... you seriously... thought I loved you?" he says, his voice harsh and direct, piercing straight through her heart. The tears now began to fall, not stopping. She clutches her heart, as if to hold it together from falling apart.

The rain began to fall harder, drenching her shirt and skirt. She shivers in the silence, the sound of her body shuddering and the pitter-patter from the rain seeming to be the only thing keeping her sane. She began to sob, bending down and still clutching her heart, she struggles to breathe. He stands there staring at her, nothing tugging at his chest to help her, and he walks away, feeling empty. Her thoughts seemed to fill the nighttime silence, sobbing on her hands and knees in an empty park.

I thought he loved me?

He told me he loved me.

I gave him my everything,

My firsts,

And what I thought would be my lasts.

We are so young,

I thought I could trust him.

All I wanted was to experience high school love. True love. I thought he was the one, and I knew heartbreak happened at least once to everyone, but waking up in a hospital with a stranger next to you because not even your parents would help you, hurts. I sit up and look at the lights. There was a guy asleep in a chair next to me. I have never seen him before. I look at the IV in my arm giving me fluids. Did he bring me here? Did I pass out? Is all I could think.

I sigh and drink the bottle of water next to me to cure my throbbing headache. I rip out the IV (DO NOT DO THIS) and walk out of the curtains that supposedly blocked me from the chaos outside. The nurses and doctors that were wandering gave me curious looks, as I was in a patient gown, so I ran for it. I sprinted out the large glass doors in the front and ran to the place I'm supposed to call 'home'. My heart Is still heavy in memory of earlier events, but for my sake I know I have to just 'get over it'.

I open up the doors to the empty house with Soju bottles on the ground and the smell of drugs full my nose. I sigh in disgust and quickly head to my room. My parents don't care anyways. I study hard to get myself out of this place. It's my last resort. I am now a senior in high school, and I need to get good grades so that I can get to college on a scholarship plan. Anyway, the weekend is now over, as it is 12:00, so I have to sleep to make it to school early. That means I have to see him.

The sound of my alarm clock startles me awake, and I sit up with a gasp. I sigh and kick my legs over the bed and onto the wooden floors that creak every time I step. I quietly walk out of my room into the kitchen (without the lights on as to not disturb or wake up my parents). You could say I have superpowers now, should I make a superhero name?

How about night vision girl? (lame.)

No?

Not the time?

Ok.

I silently open the bottom cabinet and pull out a pan, if my parents payed the bills I could get hot water today. I put the pan over the stove eye and pour water from a plastic water bottle my school gives out for free into the pan. The stove turned on and I smile to myself. It's a good day after all. I let the water warm up for a minute and then turn the stove off and head to the shower with the water.

I get my sponge and body wash that is mostly mixed with water at this point and pour some water onto the sponge and wash myself. I am careful to not use too much water or I won't have enough to wash my hair too. Then, I grab the hair wash and scrub my scalp and hair. I wash it off using the remaining water and check the time on my clock. It's 6:07 a.m.

I will be late if I don't hurry, so I grab my clothes and hurriedly slip them on while my hair is dripping wet. I use an old T-shirt to dry myself and my hair, then run to the bus stop. I awkwardly wait with everyone else, but it's worse because I don't have a phone to distract myself with. The bus finally arrives and I'm one of the first to get on. I sit near the front with the bus driver and sit my backpack in my lap. Nobody really sits next to me.

My stomach growls, it usually doesn't though. I never eat breakfast in the first place. Maybe because of last night, I probably need food in my system. Oh yeah, last night. My breath gets caught in my throat as he walks on the bus, walking all the way to the back, his blonde hair neat and his outfit clean. I sigh and try to shake the thoughts out of my head.

Before the doors shut, another guy comes on, I rest my head on my book bag and close my eyes when I feel someone sit next to me. I open my eyes and turn to see who it was. The guy from yesterday? I think to myself and sit straight. He locks eyes with me and his brown eyes never leave mine. I quickly turn my head in embarrassment from how he found me last night and face the window until I hear a deep voice speak up. "Are you not going to thank me for last night?" he says. "I'll pay you back some other time, uhh" I begin to say.

"My name is Yuwol" he says

"Okay, Yuwol, my name is Elaine." I say, and then the rest of the bus ride is silent as I drift off to sleep.

Yuwol shakes my shoulders to wake me up, and my eyes open. He nods his head up and I look and see that we are finally at school. I nod my head and walk to the bus doors and leave. I walk on the pavement until I reach the doors and I open one. I walk through the hallways until I reach my classroom. I take my seat at the front, next to the window and pull out my study books and begin writing.

------------------

A/N.

Hello! This is my short chapter, like an introduction to my new story "In The Rain". Here are some fun facts about my characters!

Yuwol is a Korean name that means June. The word June is written as 6월, but since it is a name, it is written as 유월.

Elaines name is based off of nothing, but for her sake we just say it was her grandmothers middle name.

!! I WILL BE PUBLISHING NEW CHAPTERS EVERY SATURDAY/ SUNDAY !!