14

"Whenever I'm alone with you,
You make me feel
Like I am young again"
-Lovesong-

As expected, the beginning of the night went horribly, at about three o'clock everyone was asleep, while Jisung was lying at his spot wide awake.

He has a problem, the only place where he can sleep is in his own bed, nowhere else can match the feeling of laying on his soft, extra-thick mattress, with a warm duvet and mountains of pillows, especially not the padded floor of the conversation pit.

As a result, the first few hours were filled with interrupted sleep. Staring at the ceiling, too tired to think, then falling asleep for a solid fifteen minutes, waking up again from the sound of the air conditioner, falling asleep, waking up again, and so on.

Eventually, at about four in the morning, It all becomes too much. Jisung wakes up yet again, feeling frustrated and overwhelmed by sleep deprivation. He decides that he needs to get some fresh air before he starts crying from exhaustion.

He gets up from his spot as quietly as he can, god forbid anyone sees him. The wall adjacent to the conversation pit, has two big glass doors that lead to the yard, if you take a left on the stone road from there you'll find a decent-sized pool surrounded by a wooden deck and a couple of lounge chairs. Jisung knows all that because a couple hours prior to the current situation, Jisung had to get some fresh air and Hyunjin showed him to the pool.

"Mom?" One of the guys mumbles unconsciously behind him, frightening Jisung while he opens the glass door. He stays still for a couple of seconds, just to make sure everyone's truly asleep. Once he's reassured he heads out to the open.

The chilliness of the fall immediately strikes into him, the good news is that he's wearing sweatpants and a hoodie, the bad news is that he's not wearing anything underneath the hoodie, so it's only doing half the job.

'Okay I'll be out for about five minutes and then I'll go back inside' he says to himself as he walks down the stone path.

'Oh shit,' Jisung startles 'oh no, no, no' he thinks to himself. It looks like he's not the first one to have the idea to take some fresh air by the pool in the middle of the night, because none other than Lee Minho sits crossed leg with his back towards Jisung by the blue lit pool, holding a cigarette between his fingers, since when does he smoke?

'Okay.. I just need to leave very quietly... I'll just walk backwards like this, and then he won't-' just as he was heading back he stumbles a broom that was resting against the wall of the house, nocking it down to the wooden deck. Minho immediately jumps to his feet, startled to the core. Jisung can see his chest rises and lowers with the rhythm of his heavy breaths.

"Jesus it's you.. you scared the living shit out of me" Minho says breathless. Jisung is hesitant, how does he even respond? " I'm sorry.. i didn't mean to scare you. I just had to get some air, and the I saw you were here already. And I guess.. I didn't really want you to see me.." the last part he says quietly so that the latter wouldn't hear, but at the silence of the night, he bets Minho could hear his own blinks.

"It's okay," Minho sighs and takes a few steps towards Jisung " I guess I wasn't expecting this sudden loud noise coming behind me in the middle of the night," He lets out a tiny smile that reassures the blonde immediately, yet due to his anxiety, he can't come up with anything to say.

Minho reaches out to touch Jisung's wrist very lightly, and Jisung's heart stills. "You can still come and sit with me if you wanna." He says calmly, and for a long second, their eyes are locked together.