Chapter Three

Mililani's Pov
At first I thought Edward was a little strange. I for one never liked judging people because I was strange myself, but he talked liked an older person. It was nice to also have someone ask me about my day and how work was at the hospital.

I learned he was a interesting character, he was married to Bella and had an adopted daughter name Renesmee she was ten.

He liked classical music and odd television. Yet I saw him as a friend, he was funny and kind to me. For me that's all I needed in a friend was to trust them. It was then after one of the longest shifts for all the interns we went one of the few clubs in Seattle to unwind with drinks and gossip.

I offered it up to Edward that he could join me for a drink or two. The flashing lights dance behind my eyes, loud laughter round the table each of us drinking our respected drinks we ordered.

"Yeah but we all know Mililani has the best resident. It's like blood doesn't phase Dr. Cullen at all." I laughed it off quietly shaking my head a couple times sipping from the edge of my glass, tossing everyone a small casual smirk.

"Sucks to suck." I giggled hearing the playful jeers and tossing of the paper of their straws. It was all jokes and all. I felt tipsy. I was in the midst of my laughter when I felt the small taps over my shoulders blades.

My brown eyes lifted, my whole expression lightened up when Edward flashed me an awkward smile standing there in a long black shirt and some jeans. "Hey." He whispered to me gazing at me with worry in his eyes.

"Oh my god guys it's Edward!" I laughed to myself hoping up quickly excited like. I hugged at his sides and waist. He tenses up a little hugging at my lower back. My colleagues laughing and cheering. A nervous laugh left from him, he tilted his head down for his eyes to meet my own.

"Are you drunk?" I simply nodded a couple times, he sighed roughly holding me with both his arms.

"Let's get you home, where's your car keys?" My feet felt way too heavy for my own good, I started laughing to myself exhaling in the process.

"They dropped me off here." In my state, I found that hilarious cracking up. He had such a strong grip on me also taking my purse. He nodded towards everyone. I held at Edward sides, rambling to him the both of us leaving out of the loud club.

"I didn't think you were gonna come you are so mysterious you know that?" He was nodding at me a couple times smiling at me, I focused on the sight of his sleek black car.

"I like it better that way, people leave me alone. Hang on to me okay?" His voice was firm while he unlocks the passenger door for me.

"You always smell like wood in the rain what do you do bath in it?" A harder laugh tears through him. I was placed in the passenger seat, the seat belt placed around me.

"I don't know, why do you smell like Berries and Cinnamon?" I wasn't sure if he was teasing me the way he smiled at me and moved my curls lightly pushing my head back. I stuck my tongue out at him once he shut the door getting into the drivers seat.

"I use this body wash that's called berry bliss. And the cinnamon... I have no idea where you are smelling that." I declared speaking quickly like. I tried to yank myself up, before his hand was shooting out to keep my upper body from moving.  He held it there, using one hand to steer pulling out of the parking lot.

"I am not a child." I declared out to him. I gestures to his hand protecting my body while he drove with one hand. He was finding this clearly amusing still chuckling a smiling a little.

"Just sit still for me please." I reached forward to turn on the radio some soft music playing through. I leaned my head back in a daze watching the rainy scene drizzle down across the window. It was silent, minus how loud my heart beat felt.

"You know I usually don't get into peoples car's. Cause I'm scared of being killed, don't kill me." Edward snickered harshly his gold eyes flicking towards me.

"You know you have such a strange personality, Mililani. I'm just gonna take you home." The heaviness grew in my eyes. I was gonna fall asleep soon. I placed my hand over his rubbing at it silently.

"Thank you." I muttered quietly to him. I noticed just before I slipped into sleep. He was watching me closely.

"You're welcome."