chapter 3.

y/n pov
its been a little over a week since me and ari started the song. we finally finished it and today was the day that we was going to drop it.

i told shawn about me and ariana making the song with me and he told me he was happy and that this would be a good opportunity for me to boost my image more.

ive enjoyed hanging out with ariana recently. its becoming a connection i cant put together but im trying to ignore the feelings and keep it strictly professional.

even though its hard to because her flirting with me without noticing is making me insane. she does something to me honestly and i dont know how to take it.

she told me what happened the first night she came back from the studio and it made me want to beat the fuck out of dalton.

he called her names and everything and it really still irks me to this day that they are still together.

but all i can do is stay here by her side to help her during this part in her life. i was currently driving to scooters office so we could arrange the details.

honestly im nervous and excited because what if people dont like it? we put our all into the song just for it to not prosper.

i arrive at scooters office and i walk up into his office. "y/n there you are!" scooter say's and he brings me into a hug.

he goes on his computer and goes to his files and clicks on safety net - ariana grande ft y/n y/l/n and he does a bunch of other shit like putting the album cover on it.

"there you go its published." he say's and i shake his hand and pat his back.

"um wheres ariana?" i say kind of worried. "she haven't called or anything i dont know whats wrong with her" scooter say's.

"well ill see you" i say as i rush out of his office.

i go on my phone and scroll over to arianas contact and try to call her. it goes to voicemail so i call her a couple more times and it does the same thing.

i hop in my car and i instantly take off to her house. my head is running with questions. i just hope she's okay.

i arrive to her house and i bang on her door. no answer , i put my ear up to the door and i hear faint yelling.

i kick the door as many times as i can until the door falls.

"dalton get off of me!" ariana yells and i can tell she's crying. i rush up the stairs and try to find her bedroom and i do and the sight i see infront of me makes my blood boil.

dalton had hit ariana , she has a slap mark across her face and a bruised lip. "dalton get the fuck off of her right now." I say calmly.

"or else you freak what you gonna do?" he spits blood my way. and i slowly reach for my gun in my waistband and point it at him. "now i said get the fuck off of ariana" i said and he gets off of her and runs out of the house.

i tuck my gun back into my waistband and pull my shirt back down and ariana looks at me with wide eyes. i could tell she was very scared.

she's crying hysterically and she runs over to me and jumps into my arms. "its okay ma" i say and i rub her back and i sit on the bed.

her body's shaking violently and im rubbing her back until her breathing calms down.

she looks up at me and i can see the hurt and the pain on her face.

"i found out he was cheating y/n." she say's quietly. i press a kiss on her forehead. "you gotta let him go ma." I say and i rub my thumb over her hand. "but the public will see me differently. it'll be 2 engagements canceled because of me." she say's while tearing up again.