chapter 4

y/n pov
the day of the performance

today was the day of the performance and i dont know why im nervous but i am. ive practiced the routine everyday in my room even after rehearsal. i have a show before ariana today and im performing my song swap it out.

im currently in my dressing room eating some grapes waiting for my stylist to come. shawn comes into my room and sit next to me. he's on guitar for this song so he will be on stage with me.

"you ready squirt?" shawn say's and i chuckle. "as ready as im gonna get mendes" I say and pat his back. my phone starts buzzing and its ariana calling me.

"hiii y/n im gonna watch your performance out in the crowd on the first row so make sure to look for me" she say's and i get nervous all of a sudden.

"i will definitely ill talk to you later my stylist in here now bye ari" i say and she says goodbye back and i hang up the phone. i look over at shawn and see him smirking.

"you nervous now aint you" he say's and i flip him off. my stylist comes over to me with a ripped flannel with the buttons open with no shirt under and some ripped jeans and some jordan 1s.

pretty solid fit i'd say. i put on the clothes and its almost time for it to start. the hairdresser comes and messes with my hair a bit and i decide to just leave it down.

"y/n you're on in 10" one of the producers say and i nod. they get my gear ready and hook all of it up.

i walk over to the curtain and say a quick prayer and i hear my name being called. all of the dancers and musicians are in place and all of the male dancers have the same outfit on and so do the females but they have jean skirts on.

"here we have y/n y/l/n with a all time banger swap it out!!!!" the crowd screams and the curtain raises up and they go more crazy. i look over in the crowd and i see ariana front row how she said she was. i have to go all out tonight i can't mess up.

"let me hear some noise tonight yall!" I say before the music starts and everyone goes crazy and i see ariana smiling and screaming. i smile to myself. the light comes on and the music starts.

i start singing the beginning chorus while the dancers do their choreography behind me.

Open up to me, it's all you gotta do
Give me all your heart, swap mine out with you
Swap it out with you
Come into my world
I'll give my world to you
We can swap, swap, swap it out

i start doing the choreography while moving around the stage. one move is a female dancer has to come infront of me and crouch and sway her hips with her hand on my stomach. she gets up and we body roll in different directions and one of the girl brings a prop chair and places it down on the floor.

i sit in the chair and the girls walk around me seductively while i sing the next part.

I can show you what I'm talking about
Be obliged just to show you how
Follow my lead, that's what you oughta do
No pressure
Swapping out ain't ever been a crime
If it was, then I'd do the time
Throw away the keys as long as I'm here with you
Forever

i get out of the chair and we move to the next spot and the girls rub up and down my body while i look into the crowd and the crowd is hysterical right now.

they place the chair down in the next spot and the dancer hops in my lap and starts pointing her finger to my head like she's angry and then she gets up.

Eye for an eye
Remember when I told you
"Wipe your pretty eyes, dry 'em on my shoulder"?
You ain't gotta try, try to get closer
Simulate the love
Try it 'fore you knock it
You ain't gotta rush
But you ain't gotta stop it