The Realm of Eaíles

Eaíles (pronounced ee-al-es) is a land divided into six kingdoms, each based upon a powerful empire of the past. This is reflected in appearance, language (to some extent, the roots of the languages are used but they are not identical to the real language), and culture. I think it is important to note that the similarities end there, and the actions and relationships are purely fictional and not meant to represent history in any way. These empires were merely a source of inspiration. Below I have described each kingdom and the empire they are based upon. This information is important to understanding the story.

Ventar: The British Empire

Ventar is the furthest north of the kingdoms, and its main industry is hunting and fur-trade due to the mass amount of wildlife such as wolves and bears in the region. It is the smallest and least powerful due to the cold temperatures. It has been ruled by the Fortworth line for nearly a century when the story begins, and during this time the kingdom has suffered plagues and fallen into poverty.

Ilakuc: The Ottoman Empire

Ilakuc is in the southeast region of Eaíles, and its main industry is the distribution of medicines and technologies. This makes them highly influential, as they provide these things to many other kingdoms. They are powerful allies of Sulka. 

Sulka: Ancient Egypt

Sulka occupies the southwest, its main industry being the trade of gold and ivory. They also have one of the most formidable militaries, with a strong army as well as massive fleet of ships. Their military strength is their greatest asset, and it is largely supported by Ilakuc technologies. Weak agriculture due to extreme heat and a terrain of mostly desert.

Fazen: The Mayan Empire

Fazen is the western-most kingdom in Eaíles, and specializes in agriculture due to its warm and humid climate. They provide crops to many of the kingdoms, giving them a high position of power despite having a weaker military when compared to others. They hold a strained alliance with Ventar, for their plague spread through Fazen as well, causing many of their people resent Ventar.

Palupi: The Roman Empire

Palupi is in the center of Eaíles, and wields the largest and most extensively trained military in the land with Sulka being the only kingdom close to their military power. Undeniably the most powerful kingdom, Palupi holds a fierce and often tyrannical grip over Eaíles, overseeing trade and commerce. On an island off the west coast of Palupi is the City of Crowns, so named both for the tall mountains that surround the city in a crown shape as well as being the place where all rulers of the six kingdoms meet. At the beginning of the story, the Emperor of Palupi is Bruma Caelas, a woman who has ruled for nearly half a century. She is cold and brutal, and plans to conquer all of Eaíles to be her own.

Sīgguó: The Chinese Empire

Sigguó is in the northeast, and their main source of commerce is silk and tea. They are known for strict societal rules, and are outsiders to the other kingdoms. The true scale of their military is unknown, for they tend to keep to themselves. Still, silk and tea are highly valuable to trade, so they are mostly left alone.