Chapter 1

*First Chapters finally out! Sorry for the delay!"

-PS I forgot someone was already named Doug in the show so forgive me-

The students of Auradon gathered around the Academy's front gates. All eager to see the Queen and King head off on their long awaited Journey. The sky was an enchanting shade of blue. Clear from gloomy clouds. Raven held onto your arm as she stood on her tiptoes. Her pink boots creasing as she did so. Her head rose high as she kept blabbering on about how she couldn't see. Many students, short and tall had skipped class to see what all the commotion was about. Which caused a huge holdup. Classes were put on hold for the time being. Being in an awkward position with people by your side left and right made beads of sweat fall down your forehead. The flourishing hot sun wasn't helping. The air felt drastically humid and smelt of teenagers. You were assuming Raven's feet started to hurt since she soon rested on your left shoulder. Close contact was not helping your situation. Now the left side of your body was hotter than usual.

"This is so unfair! We got here too late!" She longingly looked past the crowd of people. A pout made its way to her face. You squeezed her hand in reply, notifying her you were getting ready to move. She gave your hand a slight tug in return. As your feet started to move forward. You pushed into the crowd with Raven following behind you. A few bumps and shoves here and there. This earned some nasty remarks from a few and judgmental looks from many. Raven nervously apologized as she felt the harsh glare of others on her back. She hid behind her bangs. Doing her best to avoid eye contact for as long as possible. You were being a bit rude. But if people were gonna' be ignorant and not willing to make way for others, what else were you supposed to do?

Finally, you were close enough to see two specific heads of hair. One with golden dark-brown, Another with faded purple. Raven let go of your hand as a wide grin was now present on her face. The gaze of other eyes now not being bothersome to her. Her face screamed care-free. She was excited to see the departure of her role-models. The Queen and King.

They looked at each other lovingly. King Ben held a small infant in his hands. Wrapped in a soft, baby blue fabric. Slowly rocking it back and forth to calm it down. His methods weren't working considering the fact people were talking over each other. Some started conversation, others wanting to catch the baby's attention. Which obviously had overwhelmed the small child. Mal held onto Ben's shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze. She said something to him. Unfortunately, you weren't too close to the point you could actually hear them. They seemed like words of encouragement though. Ben looked down at their baby and sighed.

You were delighted that the rulers of Auradon were able to make such drastic changes around not only their kingdom, but the world as well. Queen Mal and King Ben were huge news. They gave others hope when there was none. Children all across the globe were awaiting invitations from Auradon. For many years, society was segregated based on their titles and past experiences. You were either good or bad. You could only thank God that future generations would be able to experience a safer, better life. Having a child on their hands was a lot of work. But, when two partners were hopelessly in love with each other. Nothing was even close to impossible.

King Ben took his eyes off of his child for a quick second and to the crowd. He studied the mob in hopes that he would find a specific person. His golden crown slightly tilting to the side. Soon a gentle but stern voice interrupted the chatter amongst the people.

"Please! Settle down students, Queen Mal and King Ben are getting ready for their departure! Let's give them a proper goodbye, yeah?"

She kept her distance from the King and Queen and shushed the crowd. Her pointy finger against her rose-glossed lips. The students slowly brought their attention to the front and halted their conversations. Fairy godmother cleared her throat as her hands now sat at the sides of her legs. She wore a light blue pencil skirt that sat just above her knees.