Chapter 2: Flight 102

Liam woke up to the sound of his alarm buzzing. It was 7.00 am Theo was picking him up at 8.00 am and their flight was at 11.00 am. The airport was about 2 hours away from where they lived. Liam groaned as he got out of bed and headed into the bathroom. Liam was dreading this car ride and flight. He really did not want to be stuck on a plane with Theo for 12 hours. When Liam was done washing his hair, he got out of the shower and chucked on some sweats and a t-shirt. He needed to at least be comfortable if he was going to be stuck sitting for the next 14 hours.

About 20 minutes later he received a text from Theo saying he was on his way. After another 10 minutes, Liam heard a honk outside his house indicating Theo was outside his house. Liam ran downstairs hugging his parents and saying goodbye. Liam stepped outside and walked up to Theo's car "Hey" Liam said grumpily, "Hey" Theo quietly muttered back "You excited?" He asked "Yeah to go to Italy but not to spend it with you" Liam retorted. Theo stayed silent after that focusing on the road.

A couple of hours later they arrived at the airport. Theo pulled into the parking lot. It took a while for them to find an available parking space. Once they had finally found a parking spot they got out of the car and went round to the boot. They grabbed all of their luggage and everything they needed from the car. As they were walking into the airport Liam checked the time it was around 10.00 am. "We have about half an hour before they start boarding our flight, do wanna go get something to eat? It's on me" Theo asked looking at Liam "Uhm sure" Liam said "Where do you want to go" Liam asked looking around the airport. "Umm, How about that little cafe over there? It looks good" "Sure," Liam said shrugging his shoulders. They walked up closer to see what was in the cabinet and to have a closer look at the drink menu on the wall behind the tilt. After a few minutes of looking at the options Theo spoke up "So, what would you like to eat and drink?" He asked "Uhm can I get the Eggs Benedict bagel and a hot chocolate please" Liam smiled "Okay then," Theo said as they walked up to the counter where the lady was patiently waiting. "What would you like?" She asked kindly "Could we please get an Eggs Benedict Bagel, Blueberry muffin, Hot chocolate, and a Latte please", "Of course, Would you like the muffin to be heated and would you also like some butter with it?" the lady asked "Yes please" Theo replied.

About 10 minutes after they had finished eating flights started being called over the loudspeaker. "Flight 102 to Italy. Flight 102 has started boarding. Please go to the gates to board the plane" They heard being announced over the Loudspeaker. "That's our flight, we better go," Theo said getting up from his chair. "Oh and you can have the window seat," Theo said smiling at Liam

Once everyone on the flight had boarded the plane and were seated. They started giving safety instructions and demos. Once that had finished the plane finally started taking off. Liam got comfortable in his seat, put his headphones in, and pulled out his book to keep himself distracted. He looked over to Theo who was pulling out a journal for himself. About three hours into the flight Liam could feel himself drifting off to sleep.

Liam's eyes started to slowly open as he woke up from his nap. "Ah, sleepyhead finally decided to wake up" Theo chuckled "Fuck you," Liam said tiredly "How much longer do we have to go?" He asked "Still about 6 hours," Theo said looking at the time on his phone. "Oh also, they were offering cookies so I got one for you in case you wanted one" Theo smiled as he passed the cookie to Liam "Thank you" Liam felt odd, why was Theo being so nice? "Theo can I ask you something", "Shoot" Theo answered "Why are you always so nice to me even though I'm still always a dick to you?" Theo's smile dropped and he hesitated before answering "Well what difference would it do if I was just a dick back? It would probably only cause more problems if we're being honest and I'm trying to change to be a better person for the pack and myself. And even though it may not seem like it but Liam I care about you." Theo answered. Liam was silent but for some reason, he felt something change in his chest. There was a new warm feeling that hadn't been there before replacing a very cold one he had felt towards Theo.

-

hope you guys are enjoying the story so far!