.the voices.

My POV (Y/N)

After completing the monumental task of giving Sun and Moon their own individual bodies, I was utterly exhausted. I longed for a moment to relax, to sit down and let the fatigue wash over me. But the responsibilities of the daycare called, and there was no time to rest. The children needed me, and I had to push through the weariness.

Among the bustling group of kids, there was one who always managed to brighten my day—June Rose. June was a sweet, ginger-haired girl with sparkling green eyes. Despite the challenges life had thrown at her, she remained a beacon of joy and kindness. At just ten years old, June had already faced more hardship than most. A car crash had left her deaf, but her spirit was unbroken. She always tried her best to make everyone around her happy, her smile a constant reminder of resilience.

June's mother, Shell Rose, was equally remarkable. Shell had curly blonde hair and a face sprinkled with freckles. Her kindness was evident in every interaction, and it was clear where June had inherited her gentle nature. Shell and I often chatted when she came to pick up June, and over time, I learned more about their story. The car crash that had claimed June's hearing had also taken her father's life. It was a tragic past, but Shell and June were making the best of their present.

Shell was 37, and despite the sorrow in her past, she radiated warmth and strength. Our conversations were a small, but meaningful part of my day. Knowing that Shell and June had each other’s support, and seeing June’s bright smile, gave me a sense of purpose and a fleeting moment of peace.

Lately, though, something dark and insidious had begun to creep into my life. Voices. Bad ones. They whispered in my mind, telling me I was worthless, that I should disappear, that I was a burden. The voices urged me to do things I didn’t want to do, things that terrified me. It was becoming too much, and the constant barrage of negativity was driving me to the brink of insanity.

I tried to keep it together for the sake of the children and my work, but it was a daily struggle. To cope, I started smoking. It wasn’t a habit I was proud of, but the nicotine offered a temporary respite from the relentless voices. Sun had noticed my new habit and expressed concern, but I brushed it off, assuring him I was fine.

Standing outside, I lit another cigarette, the familiar burn in my lungs a welcome distraction from the chaos in my mind. The voices were still there, louder than ever. They told me to end it, to make life easier for everyone by disappearing. I took a deep drag, trying to drown out their insidious whispers. The smoke curled around me, a temporary shield against the darkness within.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Sun’s voice broke through my thoughts, startling me. I turned to see him standing in the doorway, his new body casting a long shadow in the evening light.

"Yeah, Sun. Just needed a break," I replied, forcing a smile.

He looked unconvinced but didn’t press further. "If you need to talk, you know I’m here, right?"

I nodded, grateful for his concern but too weary to engage. "Thanks, Sun. I appreciate it."

As I finished my cigarette, the daycare door opened again, and June came bounding out, her face alight with excitement. She signed something quickly, her hands moving with the speed and grace of someone who had been using sign language all her life.

"Slow down, June," I laughed, trying to keep up. "What’s got you so excited?"

She repeated her signs more slowly, and I realized she was talking about a new art project she wanted to show me. Her enthusiasm was infectious, and for a moment, the voices quieted. I knelt down to her level, smiling as she described her latest creation with expressive gestures.

A few moments later, Shell arrived to pick up June. She greeted me with her usual warmth, her eyes crinkling at the corners as she smiled. "How was she today?" Shell asked, her voice soft and melodic.

"Wonderful, as always," I replied. "She’s been working on a new art project. She’s really excited about it."

Shell’s smile widened, and she looked at June with pride. "That’s my girl," she said, ruffling June’s hair affectionately.

As Shell and June walked away, I felt a pang of sadness. Their bond was so strong, so full of love. It was a stark contrast to the emptiness I felt inside. I watched them until they disappeared around the corner, then sighed and headed back inside.

The rest of the evening passed in a blur. The voices continued their assault, and I fought to keep them at bay. I knew I needed help, but admitting that felt like admitting defeat. I had to be strong for the children, for Sun and Moon, for Shell and June. They all relied on me.

As I closed up the daycare for the night, I felt a crushing weight on my shoulders. The darkness was always there, lurking just beneath the surface, waiting for a moment of weakness. I had to keep going, had to keep fighting, but every day it grew harder.

Back home, I tried to find solace in simple routines. I made a cup of tea, hoping the warmth would soothe my troubled mind. I turned on some soft music, hoping to drown out the voices. But nothing worked. The darkness was relentless, and I felt myself slipping further into its grasp.

I knew I couldn’t go on like this forever. I needed to reach out, to find help, but the thought of burdening someone else with my problems filled me with dread. I had always been the one to help others, to be strong for them. Admitting I needed help felt like admitting I was weak.

The next day, I arrived at the daycare with a heavy heart. I went through the motions, caring for the children and trying to keep the voices at bay. But it was a constant struggle.

June noticed something was wrong. She approached me, her green eyes filled with concern. She signed slowly, asking if I was okay. I forced a smile and reassured her, but I could tell she wasn’t convinced.

Her concern touched me deeply. Despite her own challenges, she was always looking out for others. It was a reminder of the strength and resilience that existed in the world, even in the face of adversity.

That evening, after the children had gone home, I sat down with Sun and Moon. They had been with me through thick and thin, and I knew I could trust them.

"I need to talk to you both," I began, my voice trembling slightly. "I’ve been struggling. The voices in my head...they’re getting worse."

Sun and Moon listened intently, their expressions filled with concern. When I finished, there was a moment of silence.

"You don’t have to go through this alone, Y/N," Sun said softly. "We’re here for you."

Moon nodded in agreement. "We’ll help you find the support you need. You’re not alone in this."

Their words brought tears to my eyes. I had been so afraid to admit my struggles, but their unwavering support gave me a glimmer of hope. Maybe, just maybe, I could find a way to silence the voices and reclaim my peace.

The journey ahead was daunting, but I knew I had to take the first step. With Sun and Moon by my side, and the love and support of the children and their families, I felt a renewed sense of determination. I wasn’t alone, and that made all the difference.

As I took a deep breath and looked around the daycare, I realized that this place, these people, were my family. And with their support, I could face whatever challenges lay ahead. The path to healing wouldn’t be easy, but I was ready to take it, one step at a time.

___________________

Ajansja kill meeee  -( _ _ )-