Dark Times

As months passed, our bond deepened despite our contrasting personalities and appearances. Raya, petite and confident, stood in contrast to my tall, reserved nature. She excelled academically while I struggled to maintain passing grades, yet these differences seemed to strengthen our connection. I admired her bravery and independence, while she found comfort in my quiet presence, preferring to spend time together away from others.

Meanwhile, my family situation continued to deteriorate. The constant conflict between my parents overshadowed our once peaceful home. The truth behind our sudden move emerged, revealing a painful betrayal. It turned out Mother had been unfaithful, involved with a much younger man. Discovering this shook me deeply, especially since I had grown close to him. The disgust I felt towards his affair with Mother left a lasting mark on my perception of him. While I couldn't condone Father's drastic actions, I also struggled to reconcile Mother's betrayal.

I had always sensed the lack of genuine love between Mother and Father, but I never expected the situation to escalate as it did. Several months before our relocation, their conflicts had escalated to a violent confrontation, leaving physical scars and emotional wounds that continue to haunt me.

Amidst the turmoil at home, Raya became my anchor. Her unwavering presence and understanding provided solace and support during those tumultuous times. Together, we found refuge in shared moments of laughter, deep conversations, and quiet reassurances.

Despite the challenges we faced individually and as a couple, our bond remained steadfast. Our love for each other grew deeper, transcending the hardships we encountered. Raya's unwavering support and acceptance became a source of strength, grounding me amidst the chaos. Together, we learned to cherish the moments of peace and love we found in each other's company, knowing that our connection was a rare and precious gift.

---

A/N's note: I know this chapter is very short, but I swear the next one's longer. Happy reading! ^^