Chapter One

The familiar thick irony scent of blood poisoned the air of Jujustu High, well rather the air of the high school reduced almost completely to rubble, he would sigh and assess the damage then his eyes settled on an all too familiar shadowy figure making their way towards him, stumbling and clutching their left side.

Walking closer he let out a sigh as they made eye contact, the taller froze in place as the injured man walked closer and into the light revealing the severity of his wound, his whole arm missing up to the shoulder and probably multiple internal injuries.

"You finally made it..."

"Satoru."

Satoru stared at the man blankly, a small frown playing on his face as the other slowly lowered himself to the ground, his back against the wall, not saying a word as the other continues to speak.

"So you'll be the one to take me down, huh? How's my family?"

"They all got away." He responded flatly, changing the subject briskly.

"Kyoto was your doing wasn't it?" Satoru asked, he wasn't pressing for an answer because he knew without a doubt he'd receive one.

"Yeah, unlike you, I'm a kind person." The other answered with a weak smirk on his face, staring at him but not bothering to turn his head, though it probably hurt too much for movements like that.

"You sent those two here knowing I'd defeat them... Just so you could trigger Okkotsu's growth."

Satoru stared at him, tilting his head slightly before replying.

"It's called trust." The sorcerer began strongly, "People with beliefs like yours won't kill a young sorcerer without reason." Satoru explained his reasoning.

The other laughed a husky and pained laugh, closing his eyes and grinning,

"Trust huh? I didn't know you still felt any connection with me."

The pause between them was long before the other interrupted it again, tossing an identification card to him, Satoru catching it and looking it over in his hand.

"Give this back to him, will ya?" The other asked somewhat playfully.

"The elementary school was you too!?" Satoru asked clearly annoyed with the injured man in front of him.

"Yup."

"Why you...!"

Satoru trailed off, letting a silence fall between them again as he felt his chest tighten up looking from the identification card then to the man in front of him.

"Any last words?" He inquired, his expression softening as he waited for any type of reply, at this point he couldn't guess what he'd get from the other.

"No matter what anyone says, I hate all the monkeys. But it's not like I detested anyone from the college... It's just that in a world like this, I can't laugh from my heart at all." The other replied his voice eventually growing weaker at the end as he spoke.

"Suguru." Satoru said bluntly, finally acknowledging that the man in front of him wasn't just some random injured man, he was a man that meant something very important to him, someone he used to hold so dear.

He crouched down onto Suguru's level and kept eye contact, watching the others expression as he spoke the words his heart set out for him.

"May we meet again." His words were soft, and his eyes shook slightly as the emotions hit him in the chest as he looked at his dying best friend.

Suguru would stare at him in shock, unsure of how to reply, before closing his eyes and smiling wide and letting out a small weak chuckle.

"At least curse at me a little at the very end..."