Chapter 68: She wants to make Pei Changying lose everything

Chapter 68
"Elder Sister Zhao, it's better if you can understand the situation," said Consort Li sympathetically as she helped support Consort Zhao, truly relieved.

Gu Qingrou then glanced silently at Consort Li.

Afterward, she concealed her expression and said with a forced smile, "Well, you should rest well, Consort Li. We should leave now."

Without waiting for the two behind her to say anything else, Gu Qingrou quickly turned and walked out of the Palace of Exile.

"Elder Sister Zhao, we're leaving now. Don't worry, when the Ministry of Works officials return to the capital, I will definitely pass on a message to the Empress for you. Then you'll be able to leave," Consort Li hastily instructed Consort Zhao.

Then, covering the anguish in her eyes, she hurried out of the Palace of Exile.

The two women, one following the other, left the Palace of Exile.

Walking ahead, Gu Qingrou's expression kept changing - at one moment alarmed, the next fearful, then frowning, her inner turmoil and struggle immense.

What the Emperor most desired now was to find Gu Sang.

If Gu Sang returned to the palace, would there still be a place for her?

What if...!

What if she implicated herself again for framing...

No! No!

Gu Qingrou, don't be soft-hearted!

Don't let watching a few modern live streams delude you into dreaming of that unattainable one husband, one wife ideal. You have to live in this world for the rest of your life!

You finally managed to become Pei Changying's official wife after so much effort. How could you let Gu Sang return?!

"Sister Li."

Suddenly stopping in her tracks, Gu Qingrou, who was walking ahead, turned around and gazed at Consort Li with a profound look.

Consort Li was startled by this gaze. "Empress?"

Gu Qingrou suddenly took Consort Li's hand intimately.

Speaking in a bewitching tone, she said, "You only managed to become a consort by replacing Consort Zhao Ronghua. Just now, seeing you in such splendor while she can only linger in the Palace of Exile, who knows what Consort Zhao must be thinking."

"I think, with Consort Zhao's profound nature, she must be resentful, right?"

"If I were you, I would never give Consort Zhao a chance to rise again. Otherwise, she would definitely be the first to go after you!"

Was that really the case?

Ads by Pubfuture
But Consort Li didn't want to think that way. After all, Elder Sister Zhao had saved the lives of an entire city's population. How could she be so petty?

Mustering her courage, Consort Li said, "Your Majesty, Elder Sister Zhao... probably wouldn't do that."

A person capable of defying the Emperor's orders to save commoners - would she really resent having her consort position taken?

Moreover, before leaving, she had promised Elder Sister Zhao that once the generals and officials returned to the capital, she would immediately plead with the Emperor on her behalf.

Gu Qingrou sighed with feigned sympathy, "Consort Li, you only know her appearance, not her heart."

"Are you willing to gamble the future of the Li Family on Consort Zhao's conscience?"