chapter 16 : you die, i die.

Emma.

I sit on the bed, in our hotel room. Waiting for Samuel. If he doesn't come in 15 minutes, I am going to Danilo, he can rot himself here. I looked at my hand, and the doctor said, there was a bit of bleeding, and a scratch nothing else.

The door opens, and Samuel and Lex move into the room. I take the glass vase from the side table and throw it towards Samuel.
" I am going to kill you, you thought this was a good idea. I would have died, Samuel. He had a gun, but no, all Samuel Mione cares about he is winning. I am your wife, Smauel I would have died" I say to him, not caring if the glass vase hit him.

2 hours before.

The sunset was looking so beautiful, from the capsule, I didn't want to go. Samuel shifts, I look at him, he says he wants to say something, but isn't saying it. He looks nervous. Samuel and nervous are two words that don't sound good, in one sentence.

"I need your help," he says, as I look away, I turn my head at him, shocked, he needs what? My help. For what? I look at him "For what" I ask. What in the world is so difficult, that he needs my help? "And what help" I ask again, before he can answer my question.

"There is a reason why, we came here, before our marriage. Uncle Dante wanted me to come here, and warn one of the mafia's capo here, as he has been messing with us. But because of our wedding, I couldn't. I have a meeting with him today, but I know him, and what he is planning to do, he is going to attack the car you are going to be in. And I want you to sit in the car, but nothing is going to happen to you, I will be there, not in front of his eyes, but. I will get you out. And your safety, I can assure you, I won't let him do anything to you."

What? He wants me to die, wants me to be in a car, which someone is going to attack. I am already disabled; I can't be in an accident or whatever is going to happen. I shook my head. If he thinks I am going to do it, he is wrong. No way I am doing this.

"Are you stupid, Samuel? No, I am not going to sit in a car, which is going to be attacked by some mafia person. I get you, don't care about me, and this marriage was forced, but no matter what, you just can't ask me to do something like that. I won't risk my life. I am already disabled, if I get into an accident, there are changes I might get hurt more" I say, what the fuck, what is he thinking. Has he lost his mind?

I am not risking my life, just because he wants to win, in this mafia war thing. Wants to put someone down, and show his superiority. There are other ways to get back at someone, but risking someone's life is not a joke, no matter if he is there or not. I am not doing this.

I am married to him, I get that this relationship is forced, and he hates or at least dislikes me, but that doesn't mean he can do whatever he thinks.

"Emma" "Do not, Samuel" I warn him, raising my hand towards him, if he speaks even one more word, I will slap him. "Emma, I know" "You don't know, because if you did, you would never tell me to sit in a car which going to get attacked, Samuel. You don't care about my life, I understand. But I care about my life. And I am not risking it, just so, you can win. My life is not yours to play with" I say. I glared at him with anger.

I am not putting my life in danger, if he wants, he can put his.

I look at the sunset trying to calm myself down. He moves and kneels before me, the moment he forwards his hand to touch mine, I push it away. After what he has said, he doesn't even deserve to be with me.

"I know it's wrong, and you have every right to decline it, and I will accept that, But I care about you, you are my wife, and my responsibility, putting you in any kind of danger, is my death sentence, and you know that. And I care about your life, I live, if you live. You die, I die. I promise you the moment he goes away I will come. I will get you out. I don't want any kind of pain, for you to go through." He says, kneeling in front of me, his eyes filled with sincerity, and the promise of protecting me can be seen clearly.

I want to help but...

"Why me?" I ask.

"You, because you are strong, and he thinks you are my weakness, for men like him, women are a weakness of men in our world. And the only person that I can trust that would not betray me is you. I trust you, and I want you to trust me, I will keep you safe"

I shook my head, I trust him, I shouldn't. I shouldn't trust him, but I do. I want to help him.
" I can't, I can't risk it, Samuel. When I had my accident, the doctor told me and Danilo. That if I ever got into an accident, I might get paralyzed. I already can't walk Samuel. I trust you, but I can't."

The thought of getting hurt, and being paralyzed, I can't go through that. Even the thought of it makes me scared.

"But what if you never get hit."
"what" What is he talking about?
"What if whenever the other car, which is supposed to attack you doesn't hit you, I mean whenever the car comes close to you, the person driving the car, your car, will act like it got hit. But it will not." my mind is blank.
"You are going to fake me getting hit," I ask
"yes," I say, with full confidence.
"Samuel, are you on drugs?"

"I am not, and I know it sounds bad, but please, please, please, help me. I beg you."
"What if I get hurt" I argue, back. Not wanting to give in to his fucking begging, which is not even begging.
"You won't" he says, he is too confident which I hate.
"What if I do"
"you won't"
"if I do"

"You can kill me, no, no, I mean you can beat me up, as much as you want"

I sigh, rubbing my face, I shouldn't do this, I shouldn't. But I am. I am so stupid, dumb. Ahh, Danilo is going to kill me.

"Okay, I will. But you should remember, you said, I live, you live, I die, you die. So, if I die today, I want you to be there with me in 5 seconds, if you are not there with me, Mr. Samuel Mione. I want you to die, if not I will come back, kill you in the most tortures, fucked up and bad way, then make you alive, and then kill you once again." I say, glaring at him. I mean every fucking word.

He gulps but nods "You won't die, I won't let you." he says, his eyes holding all of the promises he just made. 

............................................................................................................................................................

Hi, everyone. 

Thank you for reading the book, I would request and appreciate, it if you wrote your thoughts about the story, in the comment. It will help me, and give you a better book to read. 

Bad or good both thoughts are appreciated. But please don't hate. 

Vote for the book, it helps me as a writer, if you can't comment.