Chapter 35: Laying dead in my arms.

Samuel.

Emma's hand falls from my jaw, making my breath and heart stop.  

Emma. Emma's eyes are closed. 

"Emma!" Danilo screams and runs at me as he sees Emma, in my arms, fainted, cuts on her arms and hands, covered in dirty and blood. Her blood. 

 "Emma, Emma, my baby. Come on. Open your eyes,"  Danilo says as he tries to get her to open her eyes, tapping her face, but she doesn't wake up. She is not even answering her brother. 

Laying dead in my arms, her chest not going up and down. 

She always answers him. Come on, mahsa. You hate me but answer your brother. But she stays silent. She is not moving, and her chest is not moving up and down. She is covered in her blood. Please, mahsa, wake up. Please wake up.  

But she doesn't. 

"Samuel, what the fuck are you doing?" Danilo screams at me, takes Emma from my arms, and runs outside. And all while I stayed fixed where I was, her eyes had dark circles, her body was thin like she had not eaten anything for days, and her body was covered in dirt.

Her blood, so much blood. She had cuts on her arms and her legs, and her dress was torn. Her neck had fingermarks. He touched her, and he hurt her. He is going to die. I turn to go towards his room, my eyes bloodshot and shaking in rage. 

 But Lex stops me, holding my arm "Go", he says, nodding his head at Danilo. 

"I am killing him!" I scream, push him aside, and move towards the room, but again, Lex stops me. Grabbing my arm once again, turning me to look at him. 
"what the fuck is wrong with you," I say, why is he stopping me. 
"right now, Emma needs you, and he doesn't. I will take care of him, I promise. Go to Emma, Samuel. She needs you"

and that is when all of my senses come back to me. The fear and worry are holding my body hostage as Emma's state flashes before my eyes. I took a deep breath, and I calmed down. Yes, he is right. Emma needs me. And more than her, I need her. 

 I ran out of the house and saw Danilo sitting in the car, and I sat beside him as he tried to Emma up "Emma, my baby, love. Please, please wake, wake up for me", he said, his voice filled with worry, trying his best not to cry. as he pats her hair, Emma in his lap. he holds protective around her. 

"mahsa. Love." I call out at her, holding her hand, "Wake up," and all she does is stay still, laying in Danilo's arms, as he hugs her to his chest. Caressing her hair. "driver the car fast, goddammit," I scream at the driver.

Her blood was on my hand. Her body is going cold, and I look at her. Her voice is echoing in my ears, 'Sam-Samuel. corźon' she didn't even complete her sentence. What, Mahsa, what did you want to say to me? Please, wake up, please wake up. Don't leave me. 

And the worst thought comes to my mind. what if Emma dies---

Emma, please, don't go. Don't go. Don't leave me. I won't survive. This is all my fault, and I should not have left her alone. I am so dumb, so stupid. I should have known. This is all my fault, and I should have listened to her. Her body, her voice. She is so hurt. God, please, Emma, don't leave me.

The car stops, and Danilos jumps out of the car, running inside the hospital. And I run behind him. "can someone, for fuck's sake, look at her" he screams, and "We have to go three floors, the doctor and everything is ready", I say to him, and he runs, and the moment we reach the third flood.

The doctors and nurse standing there take her inside the operation theatre. "if anything happens to her, Samuel, you are dead," Danilos screams at me. Holding my collar. I don't say anything to him because he is right. I deserve to die. We have been searching for Emma for three days, and in three days, her body is covered with so many bruises and burns.