Part 8

Roc Royal signed it first, and then looked up. "Do you like your school?" he asked.

I smiled, shook my head, and gave him my very truthful answer. "To be honest, I don't exactly like my school. But, I stay out of trouble and make good grades, 'cause I know I'll need it for the future, ya' know?"

Roc and Prod laughed as Prod handed me back my poster. I thanked them both. "Well, that's good," Roc said. "That makes you Mindless." I smiled. I couldn't believe how calm I was being, but that was part of the plan. I didn't want to meet MB and start crying or freaking out like I did eveytime I saw them on TV. I wanted them to feel like the normal people they are around.

Prod decided to speak up. "Yeah, so what are some of your hobbies?"

"Well," I began, "I like draw, play piano, and play guitar. Actually, I usually play keyboards, but I can play piano too. I also like having fun." They laughed at my last statement. I mean, who doesn't like having fun?

"Cool, so, you must be very talented," Prodigy said.

"Oh, I dunno about that. I just like doing those things," I laughed.

Roc piped up, We got a keyboard over there that we warm up on. Could you play something for us?" He pointed to the keyboard in the far corner of the room.

Prodigy added, "Yeah, I wanna hear you play something too." They both smiled at me.

Butterflies in my stomach immediately started to flutter as my mouth went on automatically to say, "Okay, I don't mind giving you guys a little entertainment." I regretted it as soon as I said, but I figured it was too late to change my mind.

"A'ight, cool. It's over here." Roc Royal said as he started to walk over to the keyboard. Prod and I followed. My hands shook a little more as I got closer to the keyboard. Once we got there, I saw the stool in front of it. I looked at it, then looked at Roc and Prod standing next to it. I took my seat and set my poster on the keyboard.

I looked for an 'ON' button, and found it after plugging it in. Then, I turned to look at them. "So, what should I play? Name some songs, I might be able to play to it," I said.

Roc and Prod took turns naming songs that I hadn't learned yet or didn't really have a melody for me to go by. Then, Ray Ray came along and randomly started singing, "I've got sunshii-iine on a cloudy day." I laughed, I definitely knew that song. In fact, I'd grew up listening to the Temptations. I let my fingers glide across the keys as Ray Ray sang to the chorus, smiling the whole time. I had forgotten how nervous I was. When he stopped, I stopped. At this point, others had started to crowd around me. All four MB members along with the other five girls. I allowed my fingers to start to play across the keys again, this time bringing about the tune of Mindless Behavior's song, Hello. I smiled as I played the intro with full confidence. I heard Prodigy come in with, "Hello, Hello, Hello..." That had given me the clue that I didn't need to play the singing part. I continued with the main melody and the chords as Prodigy gave a live performance of the song. The rest of MB came in with harmonies in the chorus for the rest of the song. I swayed along as the crowd of girls and parents clapped along. For once, I didn't feel so nervous to play in front of others. Especially since I was performing with front of MB.

I ended the song with the main melody and everyone started clapping before I was even done. I felt that nervousness again. I'd remembered that I was in front of everyone in the room...actually, it looked like even more had come in. I displayed a smile at everyone and decided that was enough of having the spotlight for me. This event was of course about MB, right? I stood up and did a playful bow, as the audience applauded. The adults went back to conversing about whatever. The girls remained surrounded with MB. "You're really good," Prodigy smiled.

I grinned happily. Receiving compliments from Mindless Behavior made me the happiest girl on Earth. "Thank you~!" I said in my happy-girly voice. I noticed how all of the adults had walked away, but two. Those two remained. A man and a woman.

The man walked over to me, making his way over to me. MB all looked towards the woman confused. I recognized both of them, the man and woman I mean. I thought I was in trouble. Oh god, I was gonna be so embarrassed. The man opened his mouth and said.....