Day 59 - Tuesday

Candice

Laying quietly in his arms, I listen to his heart beat. My eyelids close as Mario squeezes me in his arms.

"I'm sleeping like this." I whisper sleepily into his chest, with my legs straddling him and my head laying on his chest. Laying on top of him is my favorite sleeping position.

"Firecracker, we need to talk." Mario says quietly.

I lift my face up to look in his eyes. He doesn't break my eye contact as he looks at me. I sit up, bracing myself for what he may say. Mario pulls me onto his chest, wrapping me into a strong embrace.

"Why you have to get up?" He asks, scrunching his cute face up. He's adorable.

I let out a deep breath, bringing my arms around his body. Mario clears his throat as I close my eyes, bracing myself. I hate it when we talk.

"Firecracker, relax." He says quietly. He lets out a light breath. "New rule."

I hate everything about this shit.

"I think we need to put a make up rule in place." He massages my lower back and places a kiss on my forehead. "When you get angry, you like to fight for days."

I moan softly as his hands rub up and down my back. As I squeeze my legs against his body, I place soft kisses on his chest.

"Maybe have a rule in place that after fighting for twenty fours, we make up."

I lift my body off his, wanting to look into his eyes. Mario bites his bottom lip, eyeing me. I lean over and kiss his lips gently.

Mario looks into my eyes as our lips part. "Yes?"

"Yeah." I eye him, suspiciously.

"It's just with us having about thirty days left, I don't want to waste too much time arguing on things we may not agree with." He explains.

I nod, not buying it. I sit up in the bed, eyeing him. He pulls me into his hold, and I grab his arms, pulling them off my body. Mario hands drop to my thighs, watching me intently.

I stare at his hand on my thigh for a moment before bringing my gaze to him. "Now tell me the truth." I challenge him, using his own words against him.

Mario loops his arms around my body, sitting up in the bed. He attach his forehead to mine, looking into my eyes.

"Because you like to fight, Firecracker. And when we fight, you like to ghost me. I need insurance that after twenty four hours, your ass will be right back."

I smile at him and kiss his lips gently, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I love you. Yes." I whisper against his lips.

He pulls me closer to him, kissing my lips. "I love you too."

*****

Mario

"And it's Spirit and Angela!" I sit up on the sofa at the sound of Spirit's voice. Spirit walk down the basement steps with Angela. Xavier follows behind them with a giddy smile on his face as his eyes stay on Spirit.

I had no knowledge that Angela will be here, nor Spirit. Damn Xavier don't always know how to communicate.

"Spirit needs to hurry and give him some, so he can move the fuck on." Kyle mumbles under his breath, while rolling a blunt. He sits next to me, shaking his head. "Pitiful."

I chuckle, watching as Angela walks over to the other couch and lays down. She pulls her phone out, glancing at me every few seconds.

I bring my gaze to Spirit and Xavier standing by the pool table, pretending to play pool. I turn to look at Angela as she reads something off her phone.