Day 70 - Saturday

Mario

I pace around my room, touching my bracelet. I glance at my phone, getting upset all over again.

Candice is out with Elliot. I didn't find this information because she wanted to share it. I heard the news through Kyle, who saw her at this new little spot in town for intimate couples. You need a fake ID to get in, but it's mostly a romantic spot for couples. Kyle being in a spot like that surprised me, but he probably took an interest in someone's daughter.

Candice has yet to touch her bracelet all evening. Kyle had sent me a video of Candice and Elliot around nine, and since then, I've been pacing around and trying not to touch my damn bracelet. The thought of her being with him fills my heart with jealousy.

I hate not knowing my place in her heart. She has me hating this whole relationship shit. This is why my ass stayed single.

Suddenly, I feel a vibration from my bracelet, interrupting my ill thoughts of her.

My phone makes a sound alerting me that I have a text message. I swallow hard, expecting the worst.

I'm outside

I look at Angela's message and shake my head in confusion. What the hell is she doing outside my house?

I haven't officially broken things off with Angela because I've been trying to repair the damage between Candice and me.

Let's smoke. I have my mom's car tonight.

My thoughts race with the thoughts of Candice. I hate how distant she is behaving because I'm a guy that likes attention. Her aloof attitude towards us confuses me and my position in her life. It's like she is only willing to act right when I'm fucking her.

I breathe out a deep breath, looking at Angela's text. "Damn, Firecracker, let me know something."

I think about her going on a date with Elliot and keeping me at arm's length lately with her feelings. I have no clue how she is feeling. And I have no idea how to pull the shit out of her. I thought after we came back from our getaway, I would come back as her man. I didn't know I would deal with her going out with Elliot.

"What the fuck is going on with us?" I mumble to myself, touching my bracelet.

I bought her the damn gift, so she would never feel alone. My baby hates being alone, and I knew this gift would speak to her in ways my heart couldn't. Now I feel a little played because she barely touches the damn bracelet.

I shake my head as though I'm shaking my thoughts away. I make my way down the steps towards the front of the house. Candice is out having fun with Elliot, and Angela wants to smoke with me. Shit, Candice has me a little stressed anyway.

I walk outside to see Angela's mom's black Mercedes parked in my driveway. I smile a little, walk up to the car, open the door, and slide into the passenger's seat. She smiles at me and pulls out of the driveway.

"Hey, I think I kind of miss you." She grins wide at me, her face having a natural, pretty glow. I quickly look over the booty shorts she has on with a loose-fitting graphic t-shirt. "I'm taking you out on a date tonight." She smiles a little, turning the music up.

I sat back, watching her move to the song's beat. "How have you been?" I asked her.

It's been a week and a half since I've seen Angela. It's nice to be welcomed with no attitude.

She turns the music volume lower, still smiling. "Well, you got us in trouble with Spirit and Candice. Neither of them is speaking to me. Candice has me blocked, and Spirit is just stubborn. I think eventually Spirit will come around; I hope." Her smile falters a little, and she glances at me. "I love both of them, and we have always been there for each other, seeing we all have one parent in the house and no siblings."

I nod a little, thinking about Candice.

"But you're adopted, right?" She asks, glancing at me. "Isn't that why you invaded my personal space that one day?" She grins and laughs a little.

I laugh a little, shaking my head. "My bad for that. I didn't know how to talk to you then." I think about another lie Candice told on my life.

"You didn't know how to talk to someone?" She smiles widely, glancing at me.

My smile widens at the sight of her beautiful smile. "I mean, I didn't know how to talk to you. I was afraid you would reject me. Shoot me down. My ego couldn't handle that." I touch my chest, pretending to be wounded.

She giggles more and shakes her head. "I refuse to believe you think I would have rejected you."

"You didn't like me." I remind her.

"Maybe I just didn't take the time to know you." She glances at me from under her lashes with a closed smile. "I apologize for waiting so late to get to know you. Now it feels like I'm pulling you into this nasty mess."

"You're not pulling me into anything. I make my own decisions." I don't want her blaming herself for anything that happens between us.

"I've seen her around school with Elliot and felt a little bad. I don't know if she is doing this as payback to finding out about us or ..." Her voice drifts off a little. "Or she wants to be with him. I just wanted to check on you and take you out because I saw an opening. We only had one date, but I was hurt when you canceled our second date at the last minute."

"Yeah, Candice and I were going through some shit." Still going through some shit.

Everyone keeps spotting Candice and Elliot, and she doesn't feel the need to tell me anything. I touch my bracelet, feeling hurt welling up inside me. I have never been so confused.

"Are you okay? Candice and Elliot have a history that hasn't always been sweet. She could just be confused. Give her time." Angela tries to give me comforting words to soothe the pain in my heart.

"I'm not talking about my relationship with you. We can talk about us, but leave her out of our conversation." I say, feeling a little sensitive about the whole subject.

I've been trying to be patient with her and not feed into the bullshit with Elliot, but I'm sick of hearing about her being with him. Mainly because I asked her to be with me three days ago, and she still avoided the whole conversation. My biggest fear has manifested right before my eyes.

She reaches out and grabs my hand into hers, squeezing it gently.