•8 "𝑩𝒆 𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔?"

Out of the blue, Ahmed asked Zunaira, "Can we boh be friends?"

Her eyes widened, and her mind went blank, she was shocked by the question cause in her life no boy had ever asked for her to be friends before, mostly boys had asked to be her boyfriend not a male friend. So she was processing what Ahmed just asked. She was zoned out then Ahmed's message with the question mark brought her back to variety.

"What do you say ??"

"Hnnn ?? about what??" She asked confusingly because she was not on the earth. Then Ahmed reminded her of his previous question, "about being friends?"

She was still unsure if she should accept his request or not. She didn't talk to boys much and she has dread that in future this friendship might turn into something else, which she absolutely didn't want. It would never ever happen from her side but she doesn't know about *HIM* what kind of person he is.

Breaking a chain of her thoughts she replied to him with an apologetic emoji not having intention to hurt his pride, "Sorry but I don't make male friends, neither I've ever had a boyfriend. I hope you'll understand."

Ahmed was astonished by her response that she's for real? in today's generation who doesn't have any opposite-gender friends? He thought she's just playing around and teasing him or might be making excuses to not be friends, to clear his astonishment he asked her, "Are you for real? you're totally lying to me, are you not?"

She knew it, he is not going to rely on her so easily but still she needs to make him believe in her so she tries to convince him to say, "Yeahh!! Man I'm not lying.... I'm single and have never had a boyfriend or male friend. Whenever I've tried to be friends with boys, they have always asked to be my boyfriend rather than friends which I totally hate... So fortunately or unfortunately I'm single and I don't want to make any male to my friend."

She was waiting for his response like what he is going to say now. Maybe he'll not insist on her to be friends. But what she didn't know is that Ahmed is persistent, he's not going to leave this matter so easily.

"Okay okay...... I believe you. But what's the problem with being my friend I'm not even asking you to be my girlfriend." we can just be friends, that's it." He insisted, He was determined to make her his friend, though he was not sure why he felt so curious to know about her and being a friend to her.

She was getting a bit pissed off that way he's not getting her. "Yeahh... there's no problem with it but what if in future you turn out like all those boys? then our friendship will be ruined." She tries to clear her point about why she doesn't want this friendship.

Ahmed was chuckling knowing the fact that it's not gonna happen and will never happen too, knowing her fears were unfounded. He's already committed to someone else so there's no single chance he'll leave his love.