Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Earlier this morning, I got a call from the company I applied to that I got hired and they wanted me to submit some personal documents to their office today. I wasn't expecting them to hire me because they've got high standards, but I guess they took a risk on me.

Nagpaalam ako na maaga akong aalis at pupunta sa company para mag-submit ng requirements ko. Nag-suggest pa si Priti na samahan ako kasi baka raw maligaw pa ako. I told her, kaya ko naman mag-isa. I've been in this place for many times. I know my way around.

Unfortunately, I was wrong.

I took the wrong bus that should be heading to my desired location. Inis na inis ako sa sarili ko. I should've taken the bus behind the one I jumped in. Mapapadoble pa ang gastos ko at mukhang losyang na ako ngayon. Ang agang stress nito para sa akin.

It took me a while to jump into the bus. Alam kong tama na ang sinakyan ko dahil nagtanong na ako. Someone would say I should've taken a taxi, pero mas mahal iyon kompara sa bus kaya mas pipiliin ko na lang din mag-commute ng ganito. This was life for me back in the Philippines. Minsan, hatid-sundo ako ni Papa o ng mga kapatid kong lalaki sa motor. Hindi nila ako pinapasakay ng bus kung mag-isa lang ako.

This wasn't different, but I'm all by myself now.

As soon as I reached the building. I took a deep breath as if all my stress this morning would be gone. I walked inside the premises, and a guard greeted me, but quickly asked for my visit. Medyo mahigpit sila kaya naman slightly ay kinabahan ako. When the security guard was convinced of my visit, he directed me to where I should go and they will assist me further there.

I went straight to the front desk where I asked them that I was here for the submission of my requirements for employment. They then directed me to the HR area where a manager was waiting for me.

I followed what they told me to do. They gave me a visitor pass to go to the second floor of the building. I went inside the elevator and there were a few people who joined me inside. Napalunok na lamang ako ng laway dahil feeling ko hindi ako belong sa company na 'to. I don't know why I was saying that, but it was just a weird feeling.

When the elevator landed on the second floor, I squeezed myself and then found my way to the room they asked me to go. I asked a woman at her desk about my employment and told me to log my name on the sheet she gave to me. After that, she asked me to wait and called the manager.

I was waiting for about five minutes until the manager showed up. My mouth dropped when I saw who it was. I had to close my mouth quickly as he would notice how shocked I was to see him today—or it could just be a mistake.

"Raj!" pagbati ko nang makita ko siya.

"Hey, Kash! I didn't expect I'll see you here today," he greeted as he made his way to me. "You look gorgeous. . ."

"Thank you, Raj! You too. . . You looked dashing."

Napangisi naman ito. "Thank you so much, Kash. Now, if you'll excuse me first. . . I need to talk to someone. . ."

He went to the woman I talked to earlier who told me to wait. I thought Raj was the one I would be meeting with, but I guess, I shall wait longer than I expected.