That Didn't Go As Planned

-Stiles-

Pointing the flash of my phone towards the long, and creepy hospital-like corridor, I watched carefully, ready to catch any sort of movement. My hand, as a reflex, had flew towards my hunting knife. I took it out of it's securing gear and held it tightly in my free hand, my knuckles whitening.

I slowly stood up, my eyebrows furrowed in focus, my eyes ready to catch the slightest hint of someone else's presence. I scanned the whole place. I waited, waited for a sound, a twitch, a shadow to look suspicious

Nothing did.

What...

What the fuck was that !

I looked serious, focused and confident on the outside but on the inside I was completely freaking out !

Normally this type of shit only happens in horror movies, why does this have to take place now ? And why is this happening to me, in the middle of a fucking deserted police station in the dead of the night ?

If I don't get killed tonight I don't know what the killer is doing but it's certainly not a good job.

After a few minutes of silence I reluctantly turned back towards the door, this wanky door knob had brought back memories from when I first visited the place....or maybe I fell a little too hard on my head and I'm becoming crazy.

Either way I remembered this door, yeah it was defenitely the room I was looking for.

Well, at least I didn't fall for nothing, let's get this over with, I do not want to stay a second longer then necessary.

Roaming through my pockets, I searched for the little metal wire that previously worked wonders on the first door. I searched and searched but I didn't feel anything spiky poking my fingers.

Don't tell me...

Fuck, it fell out of my pocket !

This day was definitely not my day. I did not have time to look for a tiny wire in a pitch black place, thank you very much.

Shoving the flashlight towards the ground I waited to see the metal piece shine. I couldn't help but ramble to myself, firstly because I was frustrated with the whole thing and letting it out was a great way to cope, and Secondly because the silence was getting a bit too loud and if I didn't crack a joke or two I'm pretty sure I'd go insane.

At first nothing showed up, which is weird since it shouldn't have fallen that far away, but then I heard a quiet sound. I stopped talking imidiately and listened carefully. A metallic, rolling, clacketing on the tiled floor.

And as I pointed my flash towards where the sound came from I saw the metal wire rolling down towards me on the ground.

A drop of sweat drifted down my face as I swallowed thickly and I elevated my phone ever so slightly towards the ceiling, and there stood a shadowy figure.

My eyes widened and my pulse quickened as the man who stood in front of me covered his eyes from the sudden light, making it impossible for me to see his face. He groaned as if the light hurt him, and without even a split second to think I quickly took the wire that now laid still on the ground before making a run for it. A boost of adrenaline spreading through my blood.

I hurried past the next corridor, running like a mad man, the shadowy figure following closely as I heard loud footsteps right behind me. It didn't occur to me at the time that those footsteps didn't belong to a single man.

I sprinted, my heart beating in my ears, making my head throb, I didn't have time to think. My body was acting by itself, pushing me further and further.