𝟢𝟧𝟪,𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

He's still being interviewed

It's hours after we got told the news, and we have arrived in the police station.

And Minho is still being interviewed.

We can see him when we peek through the tiny window the room has. His hands are cuffed together as if they are already sure he's dangerous. His eyes are on the table as a woman speaks to him, but he doesn't reply. He remains silent.

And he looks so broken that I just want to break inside that room and hug him and bring him home instead of here. He just lost... whatever Evie was from him— why the fuck is it expected that he can normally answer questions?

Every time he does open his mouth to speak, he soon closes it again. I think he will start crying if he says more and I don't remember ever seeing Minho cry, meaning that he certainly won't cry in public right now either.

I also heard the woman who called the police and an ambulance. She was also being interviewed. I kind of overheard them. Pretended I needed to go to the bathroom but actually stopped by their door to listen.

She said she heard screams for help and loud sobs. In the crying boy's arms, she said, lay a girl who was barely conscious, blood soaking her clothes. She called an ambulance as fast as she could, then ran over to the duo.

She tried to touch the girl. To check if she was still alive. To see if she could do anything, but the boy refused to let go of the girl. And he sat there, crying and apologizing and moving her hair out of her face until she got taken away from him, into the ambulance.

But the woman heard, as she expected, the doctor say the girl was dead. The boy had tried to run off, still crying, but the police caught him before he even made it off the beach, and then they sent him away. The woman herself got taken to the station in another car.

"Hey," I snap at the woman who also assisted me when Vi was missing that night. "Take him out of that room. He clearly isn't ready to talk. He just watched his... the love of his life die. Do the interview another time."

"Please remain calm an—"

I hate this woman. I hate this freaking place. Why won't they ever listen?

"No," I cut her off. "Take him out of that room before I do it myself. Even if it's just for a minute."

Her face is a bit annoyed as she walks up to the door, speaks to the interviewer inside, and then turns to me. "Five minutes. We just need his memory to be as clear and real as possible."

"Of course. I mean, not like one he loved just died. That's life, isn't it? Clear and real," I answer.

Before she can say anything else, I attack Minho with a hug the second he slumps out of the room.

At first, he doesn't move at all. I wrap my arms tighter around him and I rub his back, but he stays with his head towards the ground.

Then I realize his hands are cuffed, so he can't really hug me. But he does bury his face in my neck, so that's something.