Chapter 14

Tris POV

I wake up cold and see dark. I look over and feel for Tobias. Nothing. I shoot up out of bed and turn the lamp on and look at the clock. 2:37. I get up and look out into the cabin motel window and see a figure sitting in the forest wilderness on a wooden lawn chair. I walk out and see its Tobias so I walk behind him and he doesn't see me so I put one hand on his shoulder and he stands, wheels around, and smacks me right in the face. I fall and clutch my face. I look up at him, refusing to cry, and see wide eyes and tears. What?

Tobias POV
{{~~the nighmare~~}}

"Tobias. Leave. I never want to see you again. I hate you!!" Tris screams at me. I turn and run out the building. I get in my car but the tears are crowding my eyes and I am lifted up off my seat. The car hits something and I feel a sinking motion. The car fills up with water and I soon drown. I drown and theres no going back. To Tris. I fell.

I get sent back to the room with Tris in it. "Tobias. Leave. I never want to see you again. I hate you!!" She screams at me again. I turn and run through the front door. Or at least I thought it was. I hear the lock click behind me and I start to panic. I'm locked in a closet. I sit on the floor and close my eyes and wait for it to end. Claustrophobic.

When I open my eyes I'm back in the room with Tris. "Tobias. Leave. I never want to see you again. I hate you!!" She yells once again. I run out of the room once again. And get in my car once again. I start to drive but get stopped by a girl in front of the car. I cant stop. I run her over like I'm flippin flapjacks. I get out of the car. The girl is squished beneath my tires. As. I get a closer look I see a familiar face. Tris. I murdered her.

I get sent back to the room with Tris once again. She yells, "Tobias. Leave. I never want to see you again. I hate you!!" I run out, get in my car, and drive to the only place I know will end this torture. My house. I walk up the steps and there, sitting on the front porch stairs, is Marcus. A belt in hand he stands up, and raises an eyebrow. I take my shirt off in hopes he will end this pain. He does. Soon I feel nothing. No pain in my back, no pain for Tris, nothing. He killed me. Marcus did this. And I'm grateful.

~~{{end nighmare}}~~ Tobias POV

I open my eyes and see darkness. I shoot up but immediately regret it because Tris, who is laying next to me, starts to stir. I jet out of the room and sit outside on the chair. I can still see Marcus's stupid face staring in pleasure at his son dying in the hands of him. I hear a noise and my head turn in the direction. For a split second I thought I saw Marcus. I hear another noise and turn my head in the direction. Nothing. I swear next time he touches me I will smack him in the face.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and instantly tense up. Marcus did this every time he wants to see me in pain. I stand up wheel around and don't even see what I'm hitting until I feel a soft cheek under my palm. No. My vision clears and I can see her perfectly. Perfectly in pain for what I just did to her. No no no. I cant hurt the ones I love. I cant turn into him. It hits me cold. I'm turning into him.