Chapter 61

✧.* Nothing kills you like your mind ✧.*

Listening to what Marco was saying, Emerson could hardly sit still

Listening to what Marco was saying, Emerson could hardly sit still. Regulus looked perplexed. Victoria sat there, trying to grasp what he was telling them.

"Wait," Victoria finally managed to say, her voice a mixture of confusion and concern. "Your mother wants you to join the Dark Lord? And Alphard Black is your father?"

Marco ran a hand through his hair, frustration evident on his face. "Yes, I'm just trying to piece things together. But mainly I just want to see him."

Regulus looked at Marco, his expression serious. "Alphard was my uncle, but he was disowned by the family. He didn't share their views. If your mother was with him, she must have known about the Dark Lord."

Emerson nodded, finally sitting still. "We're cousins!" She grinned at Regulus, clearly excited by the revelation.

Marco shook his head, his tone a mix of frustration and amusement. "Is that what you got from everything I just said?"

Victoria, who had been silent, finally spoke up. "Wait, so if Alphard was disowned, what does that mean for Marco? And what about his connection to the Dark Lord?"

Regulus sighed, rubbing his temples. "It means Marco's family is tangled up in this mess more than we thought. Alphard's disownment was a result of his opposition to Voldemort. Meaning the Dark Lord knows about you, it complicates things."

Emerson's excitement faded as she looked at Marco, her expression now one of concern. "So wouldn't Marco be on the family tree?"

Marco's face was a mixture of anger and confusion. "I need to know everything about my father. I never got to meet him. And I want to understand why the Dark Lord wants my mother and me by his side."

Emerson rolled her eyes, clearly frustrated as everyone ignored her comment. She crossed her arms and slouched against the headboard, feeling excluded from the conversation.

Regulus looked around the room, looking at each detail. "Is there possibly anything you have that might be of use to the Dark Lord?" His gaze fell upon an odd, small, yellow object on the desk. He picked it up and began to examine it curiously.

The other three teens exchanged quick glances, silently acknowledging what Regulus might be hinting at. Marco, however, was puzzled, his eyes following Regulus's movements with a mix of confusion and frustration.

"What do you mean?" Marco asked, his frown deepening.

Regulus turned the object over in his hands, scrutinizing its peculiar design. "I mean, you're technically a half-blood. The Dark Lord would only be interested in a half-blood if they had some sort of ability or power that he could use to his advantage."

Emerson, who had been sulking and feeling left out, suddenly sat up as if struck by a realization. "Wait a minute."

Everyone turned to her, eager for her insight, only to be met with an unexpected comment.