Canto IV: Second Test Point

AN:

I don't know if I'm so lucky or so cursed with Sinclair's Banner. I got all of the 00 identities that he has and the 000 Blade Lineage one. I also got his fairy ego. Now, I have a healing ego...

But... I want his Ncorp identity...

I'm currently stuck in Ricardo Boss Battle... fuck.

I also got Reindeer Ishmael at the Sinclair Banner. Is she good?

Canto IV: Second Test Point

Only to live, to live and live! Life, whatever it may be! - Fyodor Dostoyevsky (Crime and Punishment

Location: 2nd Floor - 2nd test point

    Even they don't know much about the tower. They know the tower is an inferno. Its goal was to torment them and the sinners. They never expected that they would find 2 familiar faces here on the 2nd floor.

They wonder if they would meet more familiar faces if they kept climbing up in this tower.

" Huh? You don't know what is a ranker?! "

They turned their artificial clockhead to the source of the ruckus. It is the yellow-haired man that Don Quixote rescued, recruited, and joined her team.

Ja Wangnan. That is the young man's name.

" Huh? Lad, why are you staring at us thicko?! "

Heathcliff glared at the young man. Admittedly, the way that Ja Wangnan is gazing at them is belittling. They could understand why Heathcliff feels insulted.

Ja Wangnan cowered at Heathcliff's glare before planting himself beside Don Quixote and Yi Sang. The other two temporary members of their team assigned themselves besides the more reasonable and collected members of their group. Besides Rodya and Gregor.

" Okay, okay... "

Ja Wangnan awkwardly chuckled.

" I would explain what is a ranker.... "

Just as he said, Ja Wangnan started explaining what is a Ranker to their group.

A Ranker is someone who reaches the top of the Tower. And among those Rankers, if their Ranking is in the top 1% of the total Rankers of the Tower, the Rankers are called High Rankers. There are currently a total of 1000 High Rankers. And those High Rankers are given a Sobriquet, in other words, titles.

By the end of Ja Wangnan's explanation, Don Quixote's eyes are twinkling.

" Thou art like Fixers!!! "

She exclaimed enthusiastically.

" Fixers? "

Ja Wangnan muttered in confusion.

" Forsooth! Thou art the Heroes of the City– "

Before Don Quixote could continue her explanation she noticed Vergilius cold gaze on her. She gulped and became quiet.

For a moment, they and the others thought that she wouldn't continue to reveal furthermore any information about their status. They concluded that Irregulars are unusual in this place. They and Vergilius tell the sinners that they won't say anything about the City or anything about them that would reveal their status as an Irregular.

Currently, they don't have any clue about the Tower. But in their opinion, they doubted that the Tower was part of the city even without their memories.

" Sir Vergilius! "

The stars in Don Quixote's eyes appeared once again. Her fear of the colored fixer is being forgotten.