MOVE

We headed over to Connor's place, and to my surprise, Joey was already there

We headed over to Connor's place, and to my surprise, Joey was already there. They both nodded in agreement, saying it's best for me to stick with Johnny. By night, all the stuff from Connor's house found its way to Johnny's place.

We decided to set up the crib in our room for a few months and then eventually move baby C into her own space.

I let Joey know that I'll swing by home tomorrow to grab some things, and he's offered to lend a hand with that.

Lying on my back, the weight of the day and the looming return to school weighing heavily on my mind, I glance at the clock, reading '1:35 am.' It's already Sunday. Restless, I shift around until Johnny's sleepy voice breaks the silence, asking, "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah, just can't sleep," I sigh.

"Anything I can do?" he asks, concern evident in his voice.

Shaking my head, I sit up against the headboard. "No, it's just this little missy taking up all the space," I say, feeling the nerves creeping in.

He chuckles, "Sorry," mimicking my movements.

Looking at him, I admit, "I'm really nervous."

Meeting my gaze, he asks, "Why? What's on your mind?"

"School, giving birth, everything," I confess, staring ahead.

Turning my chin to face him, he reassures me, "Hey, no need to worry about all that now. We'll tackle it together. Remember, Monday we're meeting with Twomey to sort things out. You don't have to rush back if you're not ready."

Smiling at his comforting words, he leans in for a kiss. Pulling back, I blurt out, "What about Bella?"

Confused, he asks, "What about her?"

I hesitate, "I... never mind."

Concerned, he insists, "No, what's wrong?"

"It's just... not long ago, she mentioned you two were getting close, hooking up and told me to stay away," I confess anxiously.

Quick to clarify, he explains, "We never hooked up. She tried something at Biddies, but I pushed her away. You can ask the lads."

"I believe you," I say, relieved.

He smiles at me, his eyes full of warmth and excitement. "I have an idea," he says, his voice filled with anticipation.

I chuckle softly, "What now?"

"Why don't I invite our friends 'round later so you can tell them about the baby?" he suggests, his enthusiasm contagious. "Ma's out on some sort of job till late and Da's with her."

I ponder his proposal for a moment before nodding in agreement. He pulls me closer, his fingers gently playing with my hair, the soothing melody of 'Here Comes the Sun' filling the room. In those peaceful moments, sleep gradually embraces me, wrapping me in its comforting embrace.