Disappeared

The day started just like any other day for the group. Ash was forcefully awakened by his alarm and he stretched out of bed. He soon found the power to walk to the bathroom, shower up, and do the other necessities of a morning routine. Misty's morning was similar as she was so rudely awakened by her alarm and instead of instantly getting out of bed, she sat there silently as she rested her head on the pillow. Last night was weird for both Ash and her, but the questions that infected Misty's mind last night continued to harass her. She wanted to know more about Don as a person and how Ash really felt about her, but would she ever be able to receive an answer to both questions? She stood up and clouded the questions in the back of her head before heading to the bathroom and doing her morning routine. When she finished and walked out of the hotel room, she was greeted by Ash and May standing in the hallway and having a little conversation.

"Morning you two," Misty yawned out.

"Good to see you, Misty," May smiled, "The hotel is serving breakfast today, so we were headed downstairs. Want to join us?"

Misty nodded eagerly, "I could definitely go for some breakfast right now."

Ash walked back up to May and shrugged, "I knocked on Brock's door, but he's not answering."

May raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms, "really? That's not like Brock. Maybe he went off to get some morning errands."

"Brock is the kind of person to get errands at five in the morning," Misty pointed out.

"Let's just get some breakfast and see what happens from here," Ash suggested as he led to way downstairs.

Misty and May looked at each other and headed downstairs with Ash. Both of them wanted an answer immediately on where Brock could be. There was the obvious possibility that he was still asleep and the group was overreacting, but if he actually was asleep, they thought it best to leave him asleep. When the trio walked down towards the hotel lobby and the smell of breakfast reeked in little cafeteria. Ash ran over to the counter where all the breakfast food was displayed and looked around, weighing his options on what to get. Misty and May just bump in front of Ash who was staring at the breakfast options like a child staring in the window of a candy shop. Misty and May just piled their plates with their desired breakfast and sat down at a table.

Misty dug into her food, speaking in between her chewing, "I'll say, this hotel really knows how to serve some breakfast."

"We can both agree on that," May nodded as she dig into her own plate of food.

The two ladies shared some innocent and fun conversations while Ash continued to stare at the unlimited options that laid in front of him. Misty and May found it very amusing as Ash picked around the options to see how much he could put on his plate. He innocently walked over to the two ladies and sat down beside them.

Misty chuckled and called Ash out, "seems like you're trying to skip lunch with a meal like that."

Ash brushed off the comment, "you can't just throw out a ton of food for free and expect someone not to take advantage of it."

"I get where you're coming from," May smiled as she joined Ash with devouring their plates.

The three continued eating their dinner in peace, along with a little bickering here and there. Ash finished his food about as quickly as he could've while Misty and May watched.

When the two girls finished their food, Ash looked over at them and then looked at the hotel entrance, "y'all said Brock was probably getting errands."

"That would make the most sense," May nodded.

"I would expected him to have walked through that door by now," Ash point out.

Misty and May turned around and stared at the hotel entrance with no sign of Brock. Misty's concern was finally apparent, "ok, Ash has got a point. We've known Brock too long for him to just vanish like that."