Chapter 15

AN: Sorry for not updating my stories, I was grounded :(
______________________________

Kuraki P.O.V.

       It's been days since Kyo died, and I still cant even try to do anything. I lie in bed, not thinking about anything, just being empty.

       One day, the Kamados came in, the girl hopping on my lap.

       "U-um, Ms. Kuraki? I wanted to check in on you. I can smell your despair from the other room." Tanjiro said tentatively.

       Nezuko nodded and mhmhm! 'ed, snuggling against my shoulder.

       "I'm f-fine, Kamados. Thank you for asking." I tried to force a smile, but I couldn't. All my smiles had been taken with Kyojuro. To a place they couldn't be reached.

       Tanjiro adopted a determined expression on his face. "I will do everything I can to help you." He said.

       I was shocked he cared this much. "Please, when the funeral comes, do whatever it takes to get me to come." I say.

       He looks a little surprised by this request, but he nods. "Is it okay if Nezuko stays with you for a bit?" He asks. "She likes you."

       I nod, and pull Nezuko closer. He leaves, and shuts the door softly.

~Timeskip~

Kuraki P.O.V.

       When the funeral came, I couldn't make myself go. But Tanjiro, true to his word, got me to go. I dressed in a nice black dress, and brushed my hair. I felt something was missing.

       Then, I remembered something.

       Kyojuro and I were watching the sunset from the windows of my room, snuggled together.

       "Sunflower, I found this at a market, and I thought it would be perfect for you." He said.

       "What is it? Whatever it is, I'll love anything you put thought into for me." I say, pulling him closer.

       He pulls out a hair pin the color of the sunset in front of us. It's beautifully made, with red swirls on the outside, and an orange and yellow sunflower in the middle.

       "It's beautiful, Kyo! Thank you so much!" I said.

       "I hope it'll always remind you that you are my Sunflower, now and forever." He says, kissing me on the cheek.

       I got the pin out of a drawer, and carefully tucked it in my pearly locks.

       I walked to the Rengoku Estate, and close by was the place where their parents were buried.

       I spotted Senjuro in the small group of people. All the Hashira, and Lady Amane, were also there. Tengens wives as well.

       I took Senjuro's trembling hand, and whispered to him, "It's okay, I'm here for you."

       He moved closer to me, and we walked to the grave.
_______________________

Once again, sorry for the slow updates, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Also, dumpling123123 published her book, so check it out! :3