Chapter Eleven: Fancy Seeing You Here

After the events with the flame demon. Mia had a day to herself. Zazu hadn't come to her with any missions, so she thought she could explore for a bit. Most of her time in Japan was spent with Asuka and Kaito, so she hasn't gotten to do a lot except eat and train.

She had written a letter to Asuka and Kaito, telling them about her first mission. They had congratulated her and said they would celebrate with her once she came to visit. Mia tucked the letter in her haori.

Mia was in a small fishing town, getting something to eat. She never really liked seafood all that much, but she gained a taste for it since being in Japan. She's sitting in the shade of the place where she got her food when she hears someone placing their order. "Salmon with grated daikon," the soft voice said.

Mia immediately raised her head. She knew that voice. She turns towards the sound of the voice and is met with the piercing blue eyes of Giyu Tomioka. Mia started internally panicking. WHAT?! WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN?! SHOULD I SAY SOMETHING? WHAT SHOULD I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO-

Before Mia could even finish her thoughts, he turned away.

Mia just sat there dumbfounded. She thought he would at least say something. I need to get at least one of the hashiras on my side. What if I get dragged to the hashira meeting and no one defends me? At least Tanjiro had Giyu and Urokodaki. Mia snaps out of her thoughts. She doesn't want to stress on her day off. She quickly finishes her food so she can get the hell out of there.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Mia! A new mission for you! Head North! There, you will meet up with Kamado Tanjiro at a mansion in the forest! Head North! North!" Zazu announces as he lands on Mia's shoulder.

Great, now I'm in the real shit, Mia thought. She got up from where she was sitting and tried to mentally prepare for everything to come.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

She was walking along the road when she got tackled. "OH MY GOODNESS IT'S YOU! I THOUGHT I'D NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN! ARE YOU READY TO ACCEPT MY-"

Zenitsu was dragged off of Mia by Tanjiro. "Mia! It's good to see you again. Sorry about him, I don't know what his deal is," he said with an apologetic look. This caused Zenitsu to go off on a long rant about how marrying a beautiful woman would save him. Tanjiro just gave him a strange look. "Why are you looking at me like I'm some sort of pitiful creature or something?!" Zenitsu shouted. Jeez, for having such sensitive ears, he sure is loud, Mia thought. The three of them started walking towards their destination.

"So, how do you know Mia?" Zenitsu asked Tanjiro. There was something in his voice that Mia couldn't quite pick up on. "Oh, we met before final selection. We walked with each other to the mountain. What about you?" Tanjiro asked back. Zenitsu seemed to deflate a little. "She saved me from one of those awful demons! If not for her I would be 100% dead!" he shouted. Mia giggled a little bit and tried to downplay what happened. "It's seriously not anything too impressive. I just heard screaming and ran to it. I'm not like a hashira anything," she said rubbing the back of her neck. "What's a-"

"AAAAAAAAAH!" A scream cutoff Tanjiro's question. The three of them quickly forgot their conversation and ran towards the sound. Well, Zenitsu only ran because he didn't want to be alone. The trio ran until they reached the source. It was the children that came looking for their brother at Tsuzumi Mansion. A man had just been thrown out the window. Tanjiro ran up to the man and tried to save him, but he was already dead. "I'm going in," said Tanjiro. He ran in before Mia or Zenitsu could stop him. Mia got up and ran after Tanjiro, leaving Zenitsu in a panic. She rushed into the mansion and immediately got teleported to a different room.

Mia ran from room to room and found nothing. She would teleport every once in a while, but not too often. She ran into a room and found Tanjiro. Fighting the drum demon. Of course I would barge into the fight like this. I couldn't get out unscathed, no, that would be preposterous. Me getting a break? Never. Mia thought as her eye twitched. She didn't really know what she was expecting, she was a demon slayer after all. "Mia! He can tilt the room and send out claw attacks! Watch out!" Tanjiro warned. Mia nodded at him before the room turned upside down, throwing her and Tanjiro around.

"Tanjiro! Avoid the papers on the ground!" yelled Mia. Tanjiro took notice of the papers on the ground and did as he was told. Mia and Tanjiro tried and failed to advance on the demon for a couple minutes. Finally, Tanjiro found an opening. He cut off the drum demons head. "Your Blood Demon Art was beautiful," he said. And with that, Mia left the room.

She walked out if the mansion to see Zenitsu getting beat up by Inosuke. Inosuke turned to her. Mia smiled and tried her best to hide the fear boiling up in her chest. "Oh! Fancy seeing you here. Would you mind stepping away from my friend and the box plea-" she was cut off by Inosuke "You! You're that weakling from that test! Come over here and fight me!"

Before Mia could even tell him no, he grabbed her by the collar and flung her to ground. "HEY! WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?! WE CAN'T FIGHT EACH OTHER! ITS AGAINST THE CORPS RULES YOU NUMBSKULL!" she shouted. Tanjiro shot over and headbutted Inosuke. "Who do you think you are?! You should never raise a hand to a woman, whether she's a strong demon slayer or not! Can't you see why they didn't fight back?! Its a clear violation of the rules!" He shouted. Inosuke just got up and laughed. His mask fell off as he said, "the hell you say to me?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Taisho Era Secret: Zenitsu is honored that Mia called him her friend. He's not really used to people calling him that. He's especially not used to girls not being repulsed by him. He gained a little more respect for her in that moment.